Jeff sits down with Jerry Blumengarten and Brad Currie to discuss how educators are using Twitter to connect with each other. This podcast was originally recorded in December 2012.
- Social Media in the Classroom
- Using Twitter Hashtags to your advantage
- Finding the right Twitter Chat
- Student Involvement in Social Media
- Twitter for Students
- FInding the right technology for the classroom
- Planning for the future
Brad Currie is the Dean of Students and Supervisor of Instruction for the Chester School District in Chester, NJ. He is also the co-founder and co-moderator of #Satchat, a weekly Twitter discussion for current and emerging school leaders. Brad is a firm believer in the power of social media as a means to bring all educators together in order to promote the success of all students.
Jerry Blumengarten: I was a Middle School teacher who taught for 32 years in the New York City school system. I was a licensed Social Studies teacher who also taught Language Arts, Science, Math, Computers.. My last 12 years I served as teacher-librarian. I wrote curriculum for my school district, the NYC Board of Education and Open Doors a school-business partnership.
All About Cybrary Man http://www.cybraryman.com/cybrary_man.html
Share the Love
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate us on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
- Please join the TechEducator Podcast LIVE every Sunday night at 7:00 P.M. EST on http://www.TeacherCast.tv
Learn How To Launch Your Very Own Podcast!
- Are you interested in learning how to podcast? Do you want to share podcasting with your students or perhaps create a podcast from your own home? Jeff is available for one-on-one consulting to help you learn how to bring your podcasting ideas to life.
- Check out our Educators Guide to Podcasting today! | Video | Slideshare Presentation
Please contact TeacherCast with any Questions or to become a guest on the show
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Watch LIVE: http://www.TeacherCast.tv | Broadcasting Schedule (http://www.teachercast.net/showcal)
- TeacherCast Broadcasting Community: http://www.TeacherCast.net/broadcastingcommunity
Invite TeacherCast to Speak or Broadcast at your conference
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!
Check out more TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network Shows
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/education/teachercast-broadcasting/)
- TeacherCast App Spotlight (http://www.teachercast.net/education/teachercast-broadcasting/the-teachercast-app-spotlight/)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)