Jeff sits down with Justin Chando to discuss why Chalkup is head and shoulders above all other Learning Management Systems. In todays TeacherCast App Spotlight Podcast, learn how Chalkup can import existing data from your schools SIS and transform your classrooms into dynamic spaces for creation and innovation.
Chalkup is a learning management system that integrates seamlessly with Google Drive and prides itself on being easier to use than any similar tool on the market. Chalkup does everything an LMS can do, but they prefer to call themselves a “class collaboration platform,” because Chalkup is optimized for collaborating on projects and sharing ideas outside of school. Besides. Who wants to “manage” learning?
Links of interest
About Justin Chando
Justin is CEO and Founder of Chalkup (as well as a self-proclaimed Google Apps for Education nerd). He is passionate about transforming learning experiences through incredibly simple and easy-to-use technology. He created Chalkup in a dorm room after he became frustrated with the technology his school was using to keep classes connected and engaged. Today, Chalkup is used by thousands of schools in over 100 countries.
- Chalkup is a next-generation, cloud-based learning management system.
- The platform is free for teachers and students to use.
- Chalkup was founded in 2012 in a dorm room by Justin Chando.
- The platform was piloted at Lafayette College and launched publicly in 2014.
- Two years later, Chalkup is used by thousands of schools in over 100 countries.
The Fun Stuff
- Chalkup does everything a learning management system can, but users prefer to call it a “class collaboration platform,” because Chalkup is optimized for collaborating on projects and sharing ideas outside of school. (Besides, “managing learning” is lame.)
- Chalkup is well-known for being one of the easiest-to-use and prettiest tools on the market. Seriously gorgeous user interface.
- Just say no to feature creep. One of the many elements that sets Chalkup apart is the hyperfocus on building assignment and grading workflows better. We’re simple. We’re powerful. The end.
- We integrate seamlessly with Google Drive. It’s wonderful.
People really like our clickable (or if you’re using the app – tappable) rubrics that can be saved, shared, and attached to assignments, including those that originate on Google Drive.
Thank You For Your Podcast Reviews
Are you enjoying Educational Podcasting Today or other shows on the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today. I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Ask Me Your Podcasting or WordPress Question
Are you interested in starting your own podcast? Do you need help creating an awesome WordPress website? I am available for 1:1 consulting. Please visit my homepage and I will help you launch your personal brand today!
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- TeacherCast App Spotlight (http://www.teachercast.net/appspotlight)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Watch LIVE: http://www.TeacherCast.tv | Broadcasting Schedule (http://www.teachercast.net/showcal)
- TeacherCast Broadcasting Community: http://www.TeacherCast.net/broadcastingcommunity
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!