Educational Podcasting Today is a weekly podcast that celebrates podcasters and podcasting. It’s mission is to help educators learn how to create podcasts and amazing WordPress websites for their podcasts. For more information, please visit www.EducationalPodcasting.today.
In todays show, we ask the question “How can our school districts use WordPress as our main website platform?”
- Learn how to combine WordPress and Google Apps for Education to create a seamless digital hub for your school community.
- Learn how school districts both large and small are utilizing WordPress as a way of saving money and effectively managing both information and personnel.
- Learn how you can potentially save hundreds of thousands of dollars from your budget by applying for FREE web hosting with major players in the web hosting world.
- Why make the move to WordPress?
- Can WordPress and Google coexist?
- What do you need to look for in a web designer?
- How does a school district migrate all of it’s current data into a WordPress environment?
- Empowering Teachers and Support Staff through the use of WordPress and Google Tools
- Lower Alloways Creek School District Website: http://www.LACSchool.org
Links of Interest
About Our Guest
Cameron Barrett has been working in the web design and development industry for 20 years. He co-founded a dial-up ISP in Northern Michigan in 1995, taught “new media design” classes in 1996, pioneered the blog format in the late 1990s, and has since gone on to build large online community sites for General Wesley Clark (2004 presidential campaign), John Kerry, the U.S. Army (at West Point), The World Economic Forum and dozens of other companies, NGOs, and non-profits both large and small.
He is responsible for the 70+ WordPress multisite that powers the district and school web sites of Newark Public Schools, the largest district in NJ. Using WordPress, he cut the district's web site operating budget in half after the first year and is on target to cutting in half again for year two.
Cameron is now spinning up a “WordPress for Schools” services-based company called K12Presser that promises to bring this costs-savings model to all 14,000+ public school districts in the country. He encourages you to contact him to find out how he can help your district migrate off the expensive, proprietary, vendor-controlled, not-very-good SaaS solutions currently powering most district and school web sites.
Please join the TechEducator Podcast LIVE every Sunday night at 7:00 P.M. EST on http://www.TeacherCast.tv
Learn How To Launch Your Very Own Podcast!
- Are you interested in learning how to podcast? Do you want to share podcasting with your students or perhaps create a podcast from your own home? Jeff is available for one-on-one consulting to help you learn how to bring your podcasting ideas to life.
- Check out our Educators Guide to Podcasting today! | Video | Slideshare Presentation
Please contact TeacherCast with any Questions or to become a guest on the show
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
TeacherCast Broadcasting Community: http://www.TeacherCast.net/broadcastingcommunity
Invite TeacherCast to Speak or Broadcast at your conference
Contact Jeff Today!
Check out more TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network Shows
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/education/teachercast-broadcasting/)
- TeacherCast App Spotlight (http://www.teachercast.net/education/teachercast-broadcasting/the-teachercast-app-spotlight/)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)