In this episode, we welcome 3 amazing Microsoft Innovative Educator's onto the program to discuss the MIE Forum and ISTE 2016.
The TechEducator Podcast is a weekly round table discussion about current topics in educational technology. For more information, please visit www.techeducatorpodcast.com.
- Follow us Live on Video: http://www.TeacherCast.tv
- Leave a Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- Email: feedback@Teachercast.net
- Twitter: @TechEdShow
- Hashtag: #TechEducator
Topics of Conversation
- What is the MIE Program?
- How do you become an MIE?
- What advantages do you have as an MIE?
- What are the responsibilities of an MIE?
- MIE Forum
- Thoughts about the direction of MSFT EDU after being at ISTE?
- Why is Robyn awesome?
- How can we take what we learned at the Summit and apply it to our classrooms?
- Favorite MSFT Programs and how can we use them in our classrooms?
About our Guests:
Josh is an instructional technology coach in Downey, California. He recently completed his second year in the job after previously teaching middle school history for 15 years. As a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert, Master Trainer and Surface Expert, Josh has had the opportunity to work with teachers all over the country with integrating technology into the curriculum. He has had the opportunity to present at conferences such as Schools of the Future in Hawaii, CUE in California and ISTE the past two years. When not working with teachers Josh loves to run, ride his bike and travel.
Richard is a Technology Integration Specialist and National Board certified teacher-librarian in the Lake Washington School District. He serves as the president for the Board of Directors for the Northwest Council for Computer Education (NCCE). As a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert and Master Trainer, he regularly plans and teaches technology staff development classes for teachers in his district and other locations. He’s worked with new teachers and new teacher-librarians at Western Washington University and The University of Washington. Richard also teaches a graduate Technology Leadership course at Seattle Pacific University. Large-group presentations include NCCE, IETA, ISTE, TCEA, and district meetings. When not in school, he tries to fill up his passport with as many stamps as time and budget will allow (recent trips include France, Norway, Bhutan). Read more at his blog – Mr. Snyderman
Summer is a graduate of Purdue University, in Secondary Math education. After 8 years in the secondary math classroom, Summer began transitioning into the position of Digital Coach for Tecumseh Junior High, Lafayette, Indiana. Her role as Digital coach is to train and encourage the staff as they innovate and enhance their classroom instruction in a 1:1 Microsoft Surface 3 and Office 365 environment. She is a Microsoft Certified Educator, Microsoft Office Specialist: OneNote, and Microsoft Innovative Educator Trainer. Summer has also been named as a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert and a Microsoft Surface Expert. As a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert (MIEE), she has had the amazing opportunity to join her MIEE colleagues from around the word as they explore, collaborate, and revolutionize their curriculums and classrooms to change the world one student at a time.
About the MIE Program
- MIE Homepage
- Application Links
- Official MSFT Twitters
- Skype in the Classroom
- Hack the Classroom
Thank You For Your Podcast Reviews
Are you enjoying Educational Podcasting Today or other shows on the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today. I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Ask Me Your Podcasting or WordPress Question
Are you interested in starting your own podcast? Do you need help creating an awesome WordPress website? I am available for 1:1 consulting. Please visit my homepage and I will help you launch your personal brand today!
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- TeacherCast App Spotlight (http://www.teachercast.net/appspotlight)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Watch LIVE: http://www.TeacherCast.tv | Broadcasting Schedule (http://www.teachercast.net/showcal)
- TeacherCast Broadcasting Community: http://www.TeacherCast.net/broadcastingcommunity