In this episode, the TechEducators, welcome TechSmith and Kyte Learning on to discuss the best ways for teachers to create effective screencasts for their students. Together, we discuss content, timing, and much more. Additionally, we have the privilege of being the first podcast to get a demonstration of the new version of Camtasia!
The TechEducator Podcast is a weekly round table discussion about current topics in educational technology. For more information, please visit www.techeducatorpodcast.com.
- Follow us Live on Video: http://www.TeacherCast.tv
- Leave a Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- Email: feedback@Teachercast.net
- Twitter: @TechEdShow
- Hashtag: #TechEducator
- Jeff Bradbury – TeacherCast.net – @TeacherCast
- Sam Patterson – MyPaperlessClassroom.com – @SamPatue
- Jennifer Judkins – TeachingForward.net – @JennJudkins
- Josh Gauthier @mrgfactoftheday
About our Guests:
Jason Valade, Customer Success Manager, TechSmith
In Jason’s six years as an educator, he continuously tried out new digital tools in his classroom. Now Jason brings his expertise to TechSmith, showing instructors how to use technology to transform the way they teach, and the way students learn.
Based in Okemos, Michigan, TechSmith provides over 180 countries around the world with screen capture and recording software for individual and professional use. We’ve made it our goal to give you tools that work just like you do, across multiple devices and locations.
Our desktop products, such as Snagit, Camtasia, TechSmith Relay, and Morae, make it easy to create compelling, polished content you can share with anyone. Paired along with our mobile apps and integrations we’re helping people collaborate and share across different devices and make sure you can be productive wherever you are.
By constantly listening to customers and innovating new ways to solve technology challenges, TechSmith has moved to the front of the visual communication field. Now more than 200 employees strong, TechSmith develops a variety of applications that narrow communication gaps through images, video, online hosting, and remote usability testing.
TechSmith has always helped you make great images and videos to communicate your ideas. Now we’re making a new commitment: to help you collaborate and share across your different devices and make sure you can be productive wherever you are.
How can I contact TechSmith for more info?
Startups are kind of Brayden and Asher’s thing. Probably due to some slight ADD and propensity for finding multiple whiteboard markers in their pockets every time they leave a room. They like the word entrepreneur and are impressed with themselves every time they spell it correctly. Over the past decade, they’ve both jumped feet-first into the ed-tech world beginning with their roles as an technology integration specialists in Colorado. Seeing the remarkable impact technology had on both the teachers and students there, they Co-Founded Kyte Learning to help bridge the gap between technology and the educators who work to use it in the classroom day-to-day.
Greg has been a 4th grade teacher for six years in Logan, Utah. He's created and led several clubs at his school including a filming club. They've entered and won several national video competitions including Nextvista, ProjectEd, and Scottie's Tissues. Greg was also a finalist in the First annual White House Film Festival. He has a bachelors in El. Ed. and a Masters in Instructional Technology and Learning Sciences from Utah State University. He also holds an ESL, EdTech, and STEM endorsement.
Mindy serves as content curator of Kyte Learning. Prior to her work at Kyte Learning she taught Secondary Mathematics and Special Education for 5 years at a Title I Charter School. Mindy attended Western Governors University where she obtained her BA in Secondary Education, she received her Special Education Endorsement from Southern Utah University.
Thank You For Your Podcast Reviews
Are you enjoying Educational Podcasting Today or other shows on the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today. I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Ask Me Your Podcasting or WordPress Question
Are you interested in starting your own podcast? Do you need help creating an awesome WordPress website? I am available for 1:1 consulting. Please visit my homepage and I will help you launch your personal brand today!
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- TeacherCast App Spotlight (http://www.teachercast.net/appspotlight)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Watch LIVE: http://www.TeacherCast.tv | Broadcasting Schedule (http://www.teachercast.net/showcal)
- TeacherCast Broadcasting Community: http://www.TeacherCast.net/broadcastingcommunity
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!