First announced here at njea.org/earlycareermembers, Jersey Educator broadcasted directly from the floor of the 2016 NJEA Convention in the TeacherCast booth.
- [1:36]: Ed Richardson, Executive Director, NJEA
- [7:07]: Heather Sorge, Holland Township Education Association*
- [13:09]: Hannah Pawlak, Highland Park Education Association
- [18:01]: Anthony St Jean, Orange Education Association
- 22:49: Jerell Blakeley, New Jersey Work Environment Council (Healthy Schools Now)*
- [28:38]: Tom Hayden, UniServ Field Representative, NJEA
- 30:53: Gene Woods, Bayonne Teachers Association (I Learn America program)
- 35.07: Joe Pizzo, Chester Township Education Association*
- 42.05: Miriam Richenbach & Ed Komczyk, New Jersey Retirees’ Education Association
- [46:22]: Matt Stagliano, NJEA
- [49:21]: Jaime Valente, Teaneck Community Charter Education Association*
- [54:58]: Mark Howe, Gloucester County Vocational Technical Education Association*
- [1:01:10]: Dan Epstein, Franklin Township Education Association*
- 1:08:02: Brian Rock, East Orange Education Association (New Leaders Council)
- [1:13:48]: Melanie Lemme, Summit Education Association*
- 1:19:43: Marie Blistan, Vice President, NJEA
- 1:21:34: Sean Spiller, Secretary-Treasurer, NJEA
- [1:25:33]: Steve Beatty, Bridgewater-Raritan Education Association
- 1:30:04: Melissa Tomlinson, Buena Regional Education Association (NJ BATs)*
- [1:34:08]: Gabe Tanglao, Bergenfield Education Association*
* denotes a past Jersey Educator guest. Find out past episodes at njea.org/podcast.
The Jersey Educator Podcast is a show created by NJEA members, for NJEA members. Whether you are a teacher, an educational support professional, or a New Jersey Student Education Association member, this show will serve as a platform to help YOU bring out the best in your students each and every day. The shows are hosted by Jeff Bradbury ofTeacherCast.net (@TeacherCast) and Jim Boice, NJEA Field Representative (@boiceinthehood). For more information, visit njea.org/podcast and email us at email@example.com.
Upcoming Educational Conferences
- Find more events at The Education Calendar.
- Edcamp New Jersey:
- West Windsor-Plainsboro Regional School District.
- Thomas R. Grover Middle School.
- November 19, 2016.
Subscribe to Our Podcast on iTunes
We are proud to be listed in the iTunes Directory. Please take a moment and subscribe to this show on your favorite podcast player today!
Jeffrey Bradbury, author of Kidblog: An Introduction to Blogging With Your Students, is the creator of TeacherCast.net, TeacherCast University, and Educational Podcasting Today, is an ASCD Emerging Leader, Google Certified Teacher, Google Education Trainer, PBS Learning Media Digital Innovator, speaker, writer, broadcaster, consultant and educational media specialist. He is currently the Coordinator for Technology Integration for the Westwood Regional School District in New Jersey. In 2012, Jeff was recognized as one of top 50 educators using social media at the first ever Bammy Awards and has been nominated three times in the category of Innovator of the Year. Jeff has been the keynote speaker for the Pearson Authentic Learning Conference, EdTechNJ and most recently at Columbia University’s Teacher College and Podcast Mid-Atlantic.
Additionally, the TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network has served educational conventions worldwide by providing on-site live broadcasting to thousands of educators each week. Jeff is the host of the TeacherCast Podcast, Educational Podcasting Today and theTechEducator Podcast.
Jeff earned his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from West Chester University in Pennsylvania. In his free time, Jeff enjoys teaching, broadcasting, playing violin, conducting, and spending time with his wife, Jennifer, and their two-year old triplets.
Jim Boice is a field representative with the New Jersey Education Association. Prior to joining NJEA in 2012, Jim was a high school English teacher for ten years in the Pennsauken Township School District in Camden County, NJ.