In his new book, Explore Like a Pirate, author and educator Michael Matera helps us unlock our curriculum and engage our students by providing an amazing framework in which we can Gamify our classrooms. In todays episode, we sit down with Mike and Culinary Educator Tisha Richmond to discuss how we can bring Gamification into our classrooms.
The TechEducator Podcast is a weekly round table discussion about current topics in educational technology. For more information, please visit www.techeducatorpodcast.com.
- Follow us Live on Video: http://www.TeacherCast.tv
- Leave a Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- Email: feedback@Teachercast.net
- Twitter: @TechEdShow
- Hashtag: #TechEducator
- Jeff Bradbury – TeacherCast.net – @TeacherCast
- Sam Patterson – MyPaperlessClassroom.com – @SamPatue
- Jennifer Judkins – TeachingForward.net – @JennJudkins
- Josh Gauthier @mrgfactoftheday
- Alexa Schlechter @AlexaSchlechter
About our Guests:
Explore Like a Pirate
Michael Matera has taught for more than a decade using interactive play, passion and purpose-driven learning to transform the classroom in international, public and private schools.
He is a pioneer in the field of education, using gamification and technology to increase authentic student engagement and content acquisition. Along with being a full time teacher at University School of Milwaukee, Michael is also a nationally-known presenter and international consultant of game-based learning. Additionally, he is the author of Explore Like a Pirate: Gamification and Game-Inspired Course Design to Engage, Enrich and Elevate Your Learners. He was named one of ASCD Emerging Leaders in 2015 for infusing best practices in the field with accessible gamified teaching methods. He is also an educational blogger, whose mission is to build connections among innovative, global educators.
Michael is driven to transform education through theoretical and technological applications that identify and inspire limitless learning thresholds in ourselves and in our students. Join the transformation of education by visiting his website and educational blog Explorelikeapirate.com. Also connect with Michael on Twitter @mrmatera or by email MichaelMatera@explorelikeapirate.com.
Culinary teacher & Discovery School Lead South Medford High School, Medford Oregon. Passionate about finding innovative ways to make learning come alive for Ss. Love to gamify! Moderate #XPLAP chat WED 5 PST @TishRich
Thank You For Your Podcast Reviews
Are you enjoying Educational Podcasting Today or other shows on the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today. I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Ask Me Your Podcasting or WordPress Question
Are you interested in starting your own podcast? Do you need help creating an awesome WordPress website? I am available for 1:1 consulting. Please visit my homepage and I will help you launch your personal brand today!
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- TeacherCast App Spotlight (http://www.teachercast.net/appspotlight)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Watch LIVE: http://www.TeacherCast.tv | Broadcasting Schedule (http://www.teachercast.net/showcal)
- TeacherCast Broadcasting Community: http://www.TeacherCast.net/broadcastingcommunity
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!