On this episode of the TechEducator Podcast we welcome Minecraft EDU team member Meenoo Rami and MIE Expert Steve Isaacs onto the show to talk about how teachers can actually create real world lesson plans around Minecraft Education Edition.
- Follow us Live on Video: http://www.TeacherCast.tv
- Leave a Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- Email: feedback@Teachercast.net
- Twitter: @TechEdShow
- Hashtag: #TechEducator
- Jeff Bradbury – TeacherCast.net – @TeacherCast
- Sam Patterson – MyPaperlessClassroom.com – @SamPatue
- Josh Gauthier @mrgfactoftheday
What is Minecraft Education Edition?
Minecraft: Education Edition is an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Links of interest
About our Guests
Meenoo Rami, author of Thrive, is a national board certified teacher who taught students English in Philadelphia for ten years, at the Science Leadership Academy and in other public schools in the city. The founder of #engchat, an international Twitter chat for English teachers, Meenoo is a teacher-consultant for the National Writing Project and an instructor in Arcadia University’s Connected Learning Certificate Program. Meenoo has also served as a teaching fellow with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, where she led the portfolio to help teachers refine their practice through collaboration. Currently, Meenoo works as Manager for Minecraft Education at Microsoft where she helps educators, districts, and organizations reimagine game-based learning for classroom practice.
Steve Isaacs teaches Video Game Design and Development at William Annin Middle School in Basking Ridge, NJ. In addition, he developed and teaches an online version of the Video Game Design and Development course for the VHS Collaborative.
Steve is a strong proponent of student choice and student voice. It is his mission to provide students with opportunities to pursue and nurture their passion.
Community building and connecting with other educators is one of Steve’s passions. He is proud to be the co-founder of #EdTechBridge, a twitter chat and community working to build collaborative relationships among EdTech stakeholders to create better EdTech for our students. The chat meets on the first Wednesday of every month at 7pm EST.
On a personal note, Steve has been married for 21 years (consecutively, to the same person 🙂 ) and has two beautiful daughters. When Steve has ‘free’ time, he loves to bike, hike, swim, snorkel, and ski, and play video games.
Steve can be found on twitter as @mr_isaacs and is one of the Minecraft Mentors. You can set up a time to chat with Steve through the Minecraft Mentor community site http://education.miecrosoft.com/minecraftmentors.
Links and Resources
- Minecraft Education
- Minecraft on Twitter @PlayCraftLearn
- See what more than 125 Educators have done with Minecraft in their classroomsSee what more than 125 Educators have done with Minecraft in their classrooms
- Steve's Pinterest BoardSteve's Pinterest Board
Hour of Code
Minecraft Twitter Chat
- #MinecraftEdu WEEKLY TWITTER CHAT: Tuesdays, 5pm PST / 8pm EST
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/video
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/audio
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- TeacherCast App Spotlight (http://www.teachercast.net/appspotlight)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)