In this episode of the TechEducator Podcast, we bring 3 Instructional Technology Coaches on to discuss their Top 10 Tips for staying productive and efficient in their school districts.
10 Productivity Tips for Instructional Technology Coaches
Tip 1 – Coach to Teacher Communication
- Voxer – very important for keeping communication open but not filling your inbox.
Tip 2 – Teacher to Coach Communication
Tip 3 – Keep Track of Events and Documents
- Evernote: It’s the perfect application to save documents, audio, PDF’s and it’s available on all platforms.
Tip 4 – Digital Communication and Organization
- Utilize Google Docs/Folders to record conversations and coaching sessions for future conversations.
Tip 5 – Provide Resources for Personalized Learning
- Keep ongoing blog as a one-stop-shop for all your teachers’ needs. Update with things you often come across for them to go back to. Also helps alleviate email you send to staff.
Tip 6 – Create Personalized Videos
- Jing – a great quick screen recording tool for simple how-to videos.
Tip 7 – Create a Data Dashboard
- Record important events right after they happen. It’s easy to go an entire day and forget to record important events or meetings with teachers. Use a Google Doc, Evernote, Google Keep, or Google Form to keep track of what you have done each day. Use it to create a Data Dashboard of your events. You never know when it might come in handy.
Tip 8 – Create User Groups for Group Instruction
- Facebook groups – create hubs for people to share resources. It’s not just me that may have the answer.
Tip 9 – Create an Army of Foot Soldiers
- Utilize your most willing teachers to assist in training/sparking innovation in others. If you build it, they will come.
Tip 10 – When in Need… Wear it!
- Make an Apron Aprons- You could rock an apron and save hundreds on clothes and instantly have more pockets! Augment your clothing reality with extra padding where you need it and a custom pocket for cookies and other fresh snacks.
- Find time for micro-learning (Twitter, Flipboard, Tweetdeck, etc.)
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- The TechEducator Podcast | @TechEdShow
- Visit the TechEducator Podcast | www.TechEducatorPodcast.com
Follow our Hosts
Check out Jarod's Book
is all about shifting professional development from an antiquated form of training to an authentic process of adult learning focused on growth mindset, intrinsic motivation, and sustainable autonomy. Jarod’s book lays out the WHY behind such a shift is needed and also offers the Professionally Driven model as the HOW. It started with one school in rural Iowa and has begun to spread to schools all over the midwest and beyond. Pick up this book to begin empowering EVERY educator, because professional development shouldn’t create master teachers. It should create master learners
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This weeks question is:
What are your productivity tips and tricks?
Please leave us a message below in the comments section
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Wednesday at 8:30 PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv
Need a Presenter?
Join the TeacherCast Insiders Program
Get our latest content and be the first to learn about our live broadcasts, online courses and other exciting content.