In this episode of EdTech in the Classroom, we welcome Natalia Ulianets from SelfCAD on the podcast to discuss their pretty awesome 3D modeling application. SelfCAD is an online 3D Modeling and Slicing program that allows students to create amazing physical structures no matter what platform they are using.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How to get started using a 3D Printer
- How to start your students with 3D Cad design
- Using the video tutorials on SelfCad.com
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
SelfCAD’s mission is to ensure that 3D design and printing is accessible to everyone. Of course, this includes professional designers; but it also includes hobbyists and students who have little to no prior experience using CAD/CAM software. In addition to its ease-of-use, SelfCAD’s incredibly low entry price point ensures that it is accessible to all.SelfCAD is an online, browser-based CAD/CAM platform which allows the user to model, sculpt, slice and print online. Furthermore, users do not have to spend months learning a range of complex software, nor pay hundreds of dollars for the privilege. Users can create and print objects in a fraction of the time that would be required with traditional CAD/CAM software programs.
About our Guest
Natalia Ulianets is the Project Manager of SelfCAD. Natalia has been working for SelfCAD for almost three years, she plans, schedules and oversees all phases of the project. Prior to becoming a project manager, she was the QA engineer on the project. Natalia holds a bachelor’s degree in Applied Mathematics. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, scuba diving and photography.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Tuesday at 8:00 PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv