In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Nick discuss the many hats that a Tech Coach wears during the day. It’s always important to remember that as a Tech Coach you represent not just the teaching staff, but the administrative direction of district policy as well.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Reflections and reactions
- What do you do when your teachers … don’t get it
- What if you say the wrong thing in the heat of the moment?
- How do you recover from an unprofessional comment?
- What do you do if you accidentally invent a new function or feature?
- Mastermind Update/ Breakout Groups
- EdTech Integration Plans
- How can a tech coach provide direction when they aren’t in any type of power position?
- Becoming a leader in the faculty room
- More than just a teacher
- Providing help whenever/wherever needed
- Highlighting faculty accomplishments/showcasing their work
- Becoming a leader in the administration
- The voice of the classroom
- The voice of the students
- The voice of the daily activities around the campus
- Being an innovative mind
- Liaison between faculty and administration
- The go-between the classroom and central office
- Becoming a leader in the community
- Community training
- Board of Education Presentations
- Parent Nights/Information sessions
- Becoming a leader for the curriculum
- You are an advocate for how to push the curriculum not just now to use a computer
- Staying abreast on current trends/pedagogy
- Becoming a leader for the rest of the world
- Everything is driven by state and ISTE standards
- On the Next Episode
- November 12: What makes a good faculty or department meeting presentation?
- We are seeking cohosts for our November Tech Coach Roundtable. Please email if interested.
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Tech Tip of the Week
- When going about your day as a tech coach, don’t forget that you don’t just wear one hat, but you wear many hats all of the time, each and every day.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)