In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Nick take a look at some of the Do's and Don'ts of being a Tech Coach. For many of us, we are seen as a content specialist who helps teachers in their classrooms but often, we are asked to perform tasks that are more appropriate for the IT department.
What do you do?
Do you have any thoughts on this topic? We would love to have you share your thoughts on this subject. Please reach out to us on Twitter @AskTheTechCoach today!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Build Your EDU Brand Online Course
- FREE Email Course
- Selecting Your Avatar
- Content Creation Tips & Tricks
- Website Strategy
- How to build a newsletter
- And more …
- FREE Email Course
- Do You Have a Question For Us?
- Are you an Edtech Coach or an EdTechnician?
- How do you train your teachers on who to contact when something happens.
- What should an EdTech Coach be doing every day?
- Working with teachers in the classroom
- Be an open resource/available for teachers to swing by
- Making connections and networking
- Having meetings with administration
- Taking mental notes on what happens in classrooms
- Test tech to be utilized in the classroom/foster best practices
- What shouldn’t an EdTech Coach be doing every day?
- IT work
- Shouldn’t BE the teacher in the room
- The relationship between the Tech Department and the EdTech Department
- Relay for various problems that might come up during the day
- Advocate for classroom teachers
- An Explainer of technical issues
- On the Next Episode
- May 13: How do different schools approach the Tech Coach position differently?
- May 20: What do you do when every excuse is true
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)