In this episode of Ask the Tech Coach, Jeff welcomes Adam Bevan from YouToring.com on the program to discuss how Virtual Reality and Analytics are helping to change the way our teachers are creating a flipped classroom.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How should we define “Flipped Classroom” in 2019?
- What are some of the pros/cons about Flipping?
- Is there a best way to flip?
- Is there a wrong way to flip?
- How can Tech Coaches both model, and support our teachers in Flipping their classrooms?
- Apps To Use When Setting Up Flipped Classrooms
About our Guest
Adam Bevan, CEO YouToring
Having completed a double major in English and Drama in 2009 in the leafy green University town of Loughborough, England, Adam didn't expect at the time to end up as a leading EdTech provider in Chicago just one decade later. Having completed an MEd to take his passion of teaching into the classroom, Adam was commended for his outstanding pedagogy at several large events, including a school coalition which found Adam's utilization of technology in the classroom to be outstanding. Content in the classroom, Adam didn’t begin his own tutoring platform until 2014 when a concerned mother from the school he was previously teaching at tracked him down to his new school to convince him to tutor her daughter, claiming ”You were her favorite teacher; she really needs good grades in English to get into Law School!” He soon found that he loved being able to experiment with thematic learning and bleeding edge edtech in this own tutoring practice and quickly realized the power and potential of one particular technology: virtual reality. Adam founded YouToring (a virtual reality teaching platform) in 2018 and has already reached students on 3 continents.
Links of Interest
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)