Are your teachers finally settling into the long school year and starting to get a little relaxed in their focus on Technology Integration? In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff discusses 5 things that every tech coach (and school district) can do to encourage teachers to become innovative and creative in their classrooms through technology integration.
Today's episode of Ask the Tech Coach is brought to you by Dyknow, a complete technology integration solution for managing what students are doing on their devices.
Dyknow’s classroom management software empowers teachers to teach with technology integration by enabling real-time visibility of student activity to identify off-task behavior and redirect that behavior with blocking or messaging. Additionally, Dyknow enables teachers to create blocking plans, facilitate formative assessments, and view student history after class.
Learn more at www.dyknow.com.
Reflections from Last Week
Tech Coach Mastermind
- Join the Tech Coach Mastermind and learn how to help your school district today!
- 2 Mastermind group meetings each month
- Lifetime access to our Tech Coach Online Community
- Free Lesson Plans
- Free Templates
- Much Much More
Do You Have a Question For Us?
5 Ways To Encourage Tech Integration For All Staff Members
- Define what tech integration is for staff members
- Using technology in the classroom?
- Simple: Kahoot / BrainPop
- Advanced: Web Design / Coding
- Going fully digital (paperless)
- LMS / Google Classroom
- Using tech for tech or using tech to replace a previous non-tech item
- Using technology in the classroom?
- Work with teachers inside their classrooms to model technology integration
- Focus on one or two applications in a building at any one time so you can focus your communications, newsletters, pd trainings on a smaller group of tech items
- Offer to teach about Digital Citizenship
- Highlight your tech-infused teachers and what they are model. Invite other teachers to watch them teach or use the tech in their own classrooms.
- Focus on the curriculum and not on the tech.
- Teachers are more comfortable talking about curriculum rather than tech
- Help them expand an idea, a lesson, or a project to incorporate a tech component that enhances the goal.
- Encourage teachers to share their lesson plans with you and invite your assistance in remixing it.
- Provide simple, step by step guides (written/video)
- Don’t overcomplicate things when having conversations
- Listen to what they are asking … give them only what they want
- Don’t jump into your first conversations by giving teachers a ton of new ideas that might overwhelm them
- Simply ask why. What is the goal? Sometimes no tech is better than MUST tech.
- Episode 69: 5 Simple To Use Applications That Make Tech Integration Achievable For All Teachers
Introducing Dyknow: A Complete Solution for Tech Integration
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!