In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff Bradbury and Dan Kreiness from the Leader of Learning Podcast discuss several ways that a Tech Coach and a school district can support teachers as they settle into learning how to use new technologies in their classrooms.
Today's episode of Ask the Tech Coach is brought to you by Dyknow.
When Technology Teams plan for technology integration, it is crucial to think about how teachers will manage student device distractions during class. Dyknow’s classroom management software empowers teachers to teach with technology by enabling real-time visibility of student activity to identify off-task behavior and redirect that behavior with blocking or messaging.
Additionally, Dyknow enables teachers to create blocking plans, facilitate formative assessments, and view student history after class. Dyknow defeats device distractions so you have the confidence that your time and investment in learning technology is reaching its full potential. Help empower your teachers to embrace technology integration knowing that their students are on-task during class with Dyknow. Learn more at www.dyknow.com.
Reflections from Last Week
- The Importance of Having School District Buy-In With Your EdTech Integration Plan
Tech Coach Mastermind
- Join the Tech Coach Mastermind and learn how to help your school district today!
- 2 Mastermind group meetings each month
- Lifetime access to our Tech Coach Online Community
- Free Lesson Plans
- Free Templates
- Much Much More
Do You Have a Question For Us?
How To Support Our Teachers In The Classrooms
- Create A Logical Curriculum For Your Weekly Newsletters
- Week 1: An Introduction to an application or website
- Week 2: A brief description of one or two things (maybe supported by a video) sharing the app or websites potential in the general education setting.
- Week 3: A link back to Week 2 in case any teacher might not have seen the first bits of information followed by an example or two of how the app or website can be used in a few different subject areas. Perhaps give an example or a template of how a single activity can be used both in Math and Science
- Week 4: Give the app a more featured role in the newsletter not only reviewing what you already sent, but with a more detailed walk through. At this point, you should be on Week 1 of a totally different app or website at the bottom of the newsletter to begin another cycle.
- Know Teachers Needs Before They Need Them
- Create a Needs Assessment
- Google Form
- Google Drawing
- Don’t be afraid to learn from your teachers AND their students
- Learning Walks
- Provide Teachers With The Tools They Need In Their Classrooms
- Google Classroom
- One Drive / Google Drive
- Episode 72: Tech Coach Stories
Introducing Dyknow: A Complete Solution for Tech Integration
About our Guest
Dan Kreiness is a middle school administrator, instructional leader, podcast host, and doctoral candidate who constantly searches for the most effective ways to advance education and produce high student achievement. Dan began his teaching career by spending nearly eight years in the New York City Department of Education as an eighth grade English language arts teacher, academic intervention specialist, and middle-level literacy coach, then spent nearly five years at Derby Middle School in Derby, Connecticut as a reading teacher and instructional coach. Dan holds master's degrees in adolescent education and educational leadership and is currently a doctoral student in the field of educational leadership. He was named to the 2017 class of ASCD Emerging Leaders. He is also a Google Certified Educator, Nearpod Pioneer, Flipgrid Ambassador and Hoonuit Learning Ambassador.
Dan hosts his own Leader of Learning podcast that can be found on music streaming services such as iTunes, Google Play, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, and TuneIn, or on any podcast catcher. Dan has been a recurring host and panelist on the EduMatch Tweet and Talk podcast series. He is also an author who features his writing on his own “Leader of Learning” blog and has contributed guest blogs to The EduCal Blog, Your Instructional Coach, and TeachBoost. In addition to blogging, he also has published works as a contributor to the Edumatch Snapshot in Education (2017) Volume 2: Professional Practice and The EduMatch Teacher’s Recipe Guide: Survive and Thrive in the Kitchen and Beyond.
Dan is emerging as an expert presenter at education conferences, training, and EdCamps on topics including leadership, growth mindset, student engagement, various instructional technologies, augmented and virtual reality for education, and using social media in education. His specific educational interests include leadership, educational technology, and student engagement.
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!