In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Nick dissect the dreaded “multi-hour workshop presentation” and provide key tips, tricks, and strategies for your next large conference workshop presentation or school based professional development day.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Reflections and reactions from Episode 27: November Tech Coach Round Table
- How and when should you be creative with your presentation topics?
- Join us LIVE on December 13 for EdChat Interactive at 8:00 PM Eastern
- Join our Tech Coach Mastermind Today!
- Sign Up Today to get on the list and be notified when it launches!
- $50 off using the coupon “TC50”
- Membership in an exclusive team of Tech Coaches
- Peer to Peer Mentoring
- 2 Monthly Video Collaboration Meetings
- 8 Week Online Course on Learning Management Systems
- Mastermind Exclusive FREE Lesson Plans to share with your teachers
- Mastermind Exclusive FREE Templates to share with your teachers
- A Positive and Friendly learning environment to help you grow your program
- Access to our Private Ask the Tech Coach Facebook Group
How to Prepare for a Multi-Hour Workshop
How to conceptualize a multi-hour presentation vs a standard hour presentation
- School workshops vs conference workshops
- Audience expectations
Lecture vs Workshop
- How much should you talk and how much should you engage?
- Does Think/Pair/Share work?
Choosing what platform to focus on (Google/Apple/Microsoft)
- How do you plan when you don’t know the platform?
Crafting the Perfect Intro
- Hooking teachers at the onset
- Show, tell, or let them do?
- Let them know what to expect during this workshop
Handouts vs downloadable templates
- Handouts are good if they are breaking something down
- Digital resources are easier to maintain/don’t get lost/easy to come back to
How to create a memorable ending?
- Something they can takeaway
- Group brainstorming session of ideas
- December 12: Why Should Tech Coaches Collaborate with Each Other?
- December 17: Keeping Busy During the Holiday Season
- December 24: Your Tech Coach Holiday Wish List
Download Our FREE Google Drawing Technology Self-Assessment!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Tech Tip of the Week
- When preparing for your workshop, it’s best to know your audience and understand their expectations.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)