In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Nick bring in the new year by discussing extremely important, EdTech Integration Plan. We all have heard of a Tech Integration Plan, but today we take a look at the other document that describes and discusses not only what will be happening with the technology once purchased, but how it will be used in the school district.
If you are in a school district and are interested in creating your own EdTech Integration Plan, please contact us today by email or voice. We would love to work with you to help you create a fantastic professional development and edtech integration plan for your staff members.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Reflections and reactions from Tech Coach Holiday Wishlist
- New Website Design for www.AskTheTechCoach.com
- Tech Coach Mastermind
- Last chance to sign up at www.TeacherCast.net/Mastermind
- $100 Coupon by using the code TC100
- What is an EdTech Integration Plan?
- Tech Plan vs EdTech Plan
- Technology Driven
- Curriculum Driven
- Student Driven
- What do you need to do before creating your plan?
- Administrative and Community Buy-in
- Starting with the students and ending with the students
- Finding the right focus for your plan
- Formulating your Essential Question
- Working with administration to create the perfect roadmap for success
- What does the final EdTech Integration Plan look like?
- Tech Plan vs EdTech Plan
- How long will it take to create your plan?
- What happens once the plan is approved?
- On the Next Episode
- Jan 7: How to shift the culture of a school district?
- Jan 14: How to create systems for your tech coaching
- Jan 21: How do you stop doing things for your teachers?
- Jan 28: Tech Coach Round Table
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Tech Coach Tip of the Week
- Just as it’s important for school districts to create and maintain an updated technology plan that focused on hardware and applications, it’s equally as important for school districts to create and maintain an EdTech Integration Plan which describes what should be happening in classrooms. This will then become the baseline and benchmark for the work that happens in the lives of Tech Coaches.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)