This year at ISTE, I had the opportunity to sit down with Sara Cornish and Trish Cloud from the Minecraft Education team at the Microsoft Education booth. The big announcement at this years ISTE Conference revolved around the two new updates for Minecraft.
- Minecraft Aquatic Edition
- Filing the oceans of Minecraft with marine life
- Constructing underwater ships and coral reefs.
- How do you “code” a coral reef?
- What is Minecraft and how can we use it in the classroom?
- An open world game that uses the imagination using unlimited materials
- Minecraft Education Website
- Integrating Minecraft into your curriculum
- How to setup Minecraft servers for your classroom
- Minecraft EDU vs Minecraft Commercial
- Using Minecraft as an assessment tool
- How to “live the history” of your lessons through Minecraft
- What can I find on the Minecraft Education website?
- Finding Lessons and Resources
- Aligning Minecraft to the Standards
About our Guest
Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools
Links of interest
Follow our Podcast
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/MIEAudio
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/MIEVideo
- Show Notes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/MIESpotlight
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast