This year at the ISTE Conference in Chicago, I had the opportunity to meet PowerSchool CEO Hardeep Gulati who sat down with me to discuss their partnership with Microsoft Education. Showcasing the “Unified School District,” the PowerSchool booth was buzzing with innovation and booming with personalized possibilities.
Announced at BETT earlier this year, the partnership between PowerSchool and Microsoft combines an award-winning K-12 Learning Management System with Microsoft Education's Office 365 suite of applications for more than 30 million students worldwide.
What does this mean for teachers and students?
The partnership will allow Microsoft and PowerSchool to reshape K-12 education in five key areas:
- Creating a unique and enhanced Unified Classroom experience — By embedding Microsoft Office 365, including OneDrive, OneNote, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote Class Notebook into PowerSchool’s Unified Classroom, teachers will be able to manage all aspects of their classroom and use Microsoft Office 365 in one simple solution.
- Providing best-in-class cloud infrastructure — With PowerSchool’s solutions hosted on Microsoft Azure, the partnership will offer advanced security, scalability, and reliability to their cloud solutions.
- Enabling Personalized Learning — The addition of Microsoft’s solutions for education to the PowerSchool Unified Classroom will further empower students with more ways to demonstrate learning, collaborate with others, and personalize their learning experiences. The addition of Azure Machine Learning and Cognitive Services will enable PowerSchool to not only inform the learning process, but also adapt it in real time to meet the needs of each student.
- Providing Valuable Insights — By leveraging a combination of PowerSchool’s Unified Insights platform and Microsoft’s Power BI, the partnership will provide educators with the data they need to gain valuable insights into operational metrics and student performance.
- Creating a community of educators — The partnership is committed to helping the education community by sharing their decades of combined experience to help all educators grow and develop their skills in the classroom.
Follow and Subscribe to the Microsoft Innovative Educator Podcast
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/MIEAudio
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/MIEVideo
- Show Notes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/MIESpotlight
- The TeacherCast Educational Network | @TeacherCast
For More Information
What do you think about the Microsoft / PowerSchool Partnership?
After spending time with the PowerSchool team during the conference over several days, it is extremely clear that this partnership has the potential to not only unify technology education for millions of students but will create a seamless center for learning for classrooms using O365. We would love to have your thoughts and comments on how you are using Office 365 or PowerSchool in your classroom. Please leave us a comment below and share your story today.