In this episode of the TechEduator Podcast, we discuss several ways for teachers to incorporate video into their lessons and classroom activities.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What role should video serve in our classroom?
- Instructional Tool
- Self-Paced Learning Device
- Flipped Classroom Activity
- Project Based Learning
- How do we setup video based projects?
- Apps for creating video
- Apps for editing video
- What are the biggest challenges you face using Video in the classroom?
- As a Tech Coach … why/how do you encourage the use of video?
- How to get your teachers to record themselves? /why should ts record themselves?
- What types of lessons do you start out with?
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- The TechEducator Podcast | @TechEdShow
- Visit the TechEducator Podcast | www.TechEducatorPodcast.com
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- Dr. Sam Patterson | @SamPatue
- Jennifer Judkins | @TeachingForward
- Josh Gauthier | @MrGFactoftheDay
- Rob Pennington | @RobPennington9
- Jennifer Giffen | @VirtualGiff
- Nicholas Amaral | @Namaraledu
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Deployment Guide for Adobe Creative Cloud – Free access to Adobe Spark Video
- Adobe Spark Video
- Blog post w/ examples – Using Adobe Spark Video to Create Social Stories
- Screencast-o-matic now available for Chromebook in Beta version, free up to 15 minute videos, no total video limit
- Screencastify – Chrome Extension
- WeVideo – premium only but great for Chromebooks
- Touchcast – Green screen video app for iPads
- DoInk – Green-screen app for iPads (simple to use!)
- Rubrics for videos available on Rubistar
- Storyboard template
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Wednesday at 8:30 PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv