If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today.
5 Ways to Build Your EDU Brand After Retirement
- Start before you retire and carve a niche (present as EDUCATOR, not a consultant). Retired educator is the perfect person for everything. Apply to present at national conventions. Take that momentum into retirement. Form the corporation (S-Corp), get a credit card, get an accountant.
- Start an email list. (Constant Contact, MailChimp, Convertkit, etc.) Email the list weekly.
- Write a book (ebook). (Also have a shorter free lead magnet.)
- Repurpose content (1 blog post per week becomes blog post becomes newspaper article, podcast, YouTube, Lumen5, Headliner, social media posts, Medium, LinkedIn, HARO).
- Word of mouth is the best social media exposure. (Keep in contact with people you worked with before retirement.)
About our Guest: Dr. Frank Buck
Dr. Frank Buck is currently ranked #1 in the world by Global Gurus Top 30 in the “time management category.” He is a public speaker, productivity coach, and author of Get Organized!: Time Management for School Leaders. Frank started as a band director and then moved into school administration as an assistant principal, principal, and curriculum coordinator. Since his retirement from public education in 2009, he has spoken to audiences throughout the United States and internationally. His mission is to help busy professionals achieve total control over their time and the peace of mind that nothing is falling through the cracks. Frank’s nuts-and-bolts approach, along with his blend of content and humor, has made him a favorite with audiences.
Links of Interest
Follow our Podcast and Subscribe
Follow our Host
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on Apple Podcasts today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
- EdTech in the Classroom (http://www.edtechintheclassroom.com)