In this episode of the TeacherCast Podcast, we welcome ASCD author Robyn Jackson on the program to discuss her new book: Never Underestimate Your Teachers: Instructional Leadership for Excellence in Every Classroom.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How she came to the profession
- Her experiences seeing teachers be underestimated in their jobs and the impact of that on their craft
- Any teacher can become a master teacherFeedback mistakes leaders can make
- How to give effective feedback
- If being a master teacher is instinctive … can you teach instinct?
- Tools for finding the strengths in teachers
- How can we help other teachers become master teachers?During the school year?
- During our pre-service years?
- After we have become a veteran teacher
- What strategies can be used for teacher motivation if you are not in a leadership position?
- Advice for educators when seeking a leadership path for themselves
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
About our Guest
Robyn Jackson is a former high school teacher and middle school administrator. She is the founder and president of Mindsteps Inc., a professional development firm for teachers and administrators that provides workshops and materials designed to help any teacher reach every student. Jackson is the author of Never Work Harder Than Your Students and Other Principles of Great Teaching, The Differentiation Workbook, and The Instructional Leader’s Guide to Strategic Conversations with Teachers, as well as the how-to guides in the Mastering the Principles of Great Teaching series.
- Follow Robyn on Twitter @Robyn_Mindsteps
- Subscribe to Robyn's Podcast: School Leadership Reimagined!
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Never Underestimate Your Teachers: Instructional Leadership for Excellence in Every Classroom
- Read the Introduction
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Tuesday at [8:00] PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv