What If? Building Students’ Problem-Solving Skills Through Complex Challenges
In this episode of the of TeacherCast Podcast, we welcome ASCD Author Dr. Ronald Bethetto on the program to discuss his new book What If? Building Students’ Problem-Solving Skills Through Complex Challenges. We wish to thank ASCD for making this show possible.
- The problem with waiting for “someday”
- Innovation – Imagination – Creativity
- Can you teach creativity?
- Routine tasks vs. complex challenges,
- Lesson unplanning
- How to get rid of uncertainty in the classroom
- Legacy challenges,
- Stop-Think-Do-Learn action principles
- How to take risks in the classroom
- Anything else you’d like to discuss.
About our Guest
Dr. Beghetto is an internationally recognized expert on creative thought and action in educational settings. He serves as Professor of Educational Psychology, Director of UCONN's Innovation House and Graduate Program Coordinator for the Cognition, Instruction, Learning, & Technology Program in the Neag School of Education at the University of Connecticut.
Dr. Beghetto is the Editor for the Journal of Creative Behavior, series editor for Creative Theory and Action in Education (Springer Books), and serves as a creativity advisor for Lego Foundation.
His work highlights how making slight changes to existing teaching, learning, and leadership practices can result in transformative ways of thinking and acting.
Links of Interest
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Tuesday at [8:00] PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv
Need a Presenter?
Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!