In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Susan discuss our favorite Video Solutions for Tech Coaches and discuss Pro's and Con's for each application.
If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today.
In this episode, we discuss:
Virtual Meeting Applications episode link to debate episode…….
- Many features are free
- Easy to use … people are familiar with the platform
- Connects to Google Classroom
- Many features might end up being Enterprise overtime
- Doesn’t have many features that other platforms have
- Extremely feature rich
- “Free” with Microsoft package
- Connects with additional apps both Office and non-Office
- Many teachers know how to use Zoom basic features
- Educational / Premium version allows for more security features
- Breakout Rooms on the Premium version
- Like other applications, premium features are now back to being premium
- Free meetings are only 40 minutes
- Free for up to 100 participants for up to 50 minutes
- Unlimited number of meetings
- Premium versions allow for cloud mp4 recordings
- Many times can be difficult to install and setup depending upon the device being used
- Free Video hosting for K12 students and teachers
- Branded educational environments
- Unlimited accounts & Video Uploads
- Only $2 / person to go ad-free
Video Creation Applications
- Multi-use tool
- Voice Recording
- Robust feature set
- Green Screen
- Works well with mobile application
- Cost is very reasonable because it covers the need to pay for several other applications
- Multi-use tool
- Free version is limited to 5-min video
- Works seamlessly in conjunction with Google Drive
- Easy sharing options for creating shareable link, downloading, and posting to YouTube
- Free version is limited to only 5 minutes
- This app now offers a chrome extension that makes access and recording more user-friendly than before
- Free version allows up to 15 minutes
- Allows local uploads as well as to YouTube and Google Drive
- Low cost (under $2.00 per month) premium version gives you drawing tools, editing tools, unlimited recording time
- Watermark on free version
- Very robust screencasting and video editing suite
- Tons of features and resources for creating professional videos … quickly
- Publish to several great platforms
- Not easily purchased for every student due to the price
- Free Chrome Extensions
- Saves easily onto Google Drive
- Feature Rich
- Complete Video Solution
- 3D Animations
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Contact the Podcast!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)