In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Sue sit down with (title) Sandy Paul to discuss what administrators really think about the Tech Coach Position.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why does a School District need a Tech Coach?
- What qualifies someone to be a Tech Coach?
- What do you look for when interviewing Tech Coaches?
- What does a Tech Coach Resume look like?
- How do you prepare your staff for having a Coach on staff?
- How do you prepare your staff for the concept of being “Coached” by another staff member?
- Why is it important to think of a Tech Coach as “Instructional” rather than IT support?
- What advice can a Tech Coach take away from today's episode?
About our Guest:
Presently Director of Information Technology and Operations. Past Senior Instructional Technologist at Rutgers University. Previous Chief Technical Officer (CTO) for the Sayreville Public Schools. I have 22 years of experience as a Director and prior was a Computer Science and Business Education teacher for 5 years. I was awarded administrator of the year by NJASL in 2007, a finalist for the 2014 Bammy Awards for Support Staff, named in the Top 30 Technologists, Transformers and Trailblazers 2015 and named in the Top Most Social K-12 Tech Leaders on Twitter. Contributor to New Media Consortium Horizon report for several years, #EdTechChat podcast, Tech and Learning Media, Edsurge, etc. Keynote speaker, conference presenter/workshop, conference organizer, ed-tech and librarian/media specialist advocate. Doctoral candidate. Chairperson for Ed Technology Advocacy, a member of the Emerging Technology Committee for CoSN, organizer for EdcampNJ, member of ISTE, CoSN, ASCD, AASA, NJ GMIS, NJECC and Chairperson for CoSN-NJ.
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Do You Have a Question For Us?
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!