In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Sue sit down with (title) Sandy Paul to discuss what administrators really think about the Tech Coach Position.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why does a School District need a Tech Coach?
- What qualifies someone to be a Tech Coach?
- What do you look for when interviewing Tech Coaches?
- What does a Tech Coach Resume look like?
- How do you prepare your staff for having a Coach on staff?
- How do you prepare your staff for the concept of being “Coached” by another staff member?
- Why is it important to think of a Tech Coach as “Instructional” rather than IT support?
- What advice can a Tech Coach take away from today's episode?
About our Guest:
Presently Director of Information Technology and Operations. Past Senior Instructional Technologist at Rutgers University. Previous Chief Technical Officer (CTO) for the Sayreville Public Schools. I have 22 years of experience as a Director and prior was a Computer Science and Business Education teacher for 5 years. I was awarded administrator of the year by NJASL in 2007, a finalist for the 2014 Bammy Awards for Support Staff, named in the Top 30 Technologists, Transformers and Trailblazers 2015 and named in the Top Most Social K-12 Tech Leaders on Twitter. Contributor to New Media Consortium Horizon report for several years, #EdTechChat podcast, Tech and Learning Media, Edsurge, etc. Keynote speaker, conference presenter/workshop, conference organizer, ed-tech and librarian/media specialist advocate. Doctoral candidate. Chairperson for Ed Technology Advocacy, a member of the Emerging Technology Committee for CoSN, organizer for EdcampNJ, member of ISTE, CoSN, ASCD, AASA, NJ GMIS, NJECC and Chairperson for CoSN-NJ.
Tech Coach Mastermind
- Join the Tech Coach Mastermind and learn how to help your school district today!
- 2 Mastermind group meetings each month
- Lifetime access to our Tech Coach Online Community
- Free Lesson Plans
- Free Templates
- Much Much More
Do You Have a Question For Us?
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!