In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Susan welcome Zak Ringelstein to discuss how to incorporate project-based learning in the classroom during this season we are in dealing with Covid and its impact on education. We talk about what PBL looks like in a hybrid situation and making it engaging for students whether face to face or virtual.
If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today.
Join the TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a brand new Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
In Todays Episode, We Discuss
- What does Project Based Learning look like in a hybrid classroom?
- How do you create a long form engaging classroom environment with both physical and virtual students? How do you facilitate GOOD, ENGAGING learning wherever the students are?
- Zigazoo – video activities encouraging project based activities design for all grade levels.
- Students are given a prompt and must demonstrate their learning via video.
About our Guest: Zak Ringelstein
Zak Ringelstein is an elementary school teacher who exited his first edtech company, UClass, to Renaissance Learning in 2015 and founded his second, Zigazoo, this past March at the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic. TechCrunch has called Zigazoo the “TikTok” for education because it gives children the opportunity to share short videos in response to project-based learning prompts. Ringelstein graduated from Columbia University in 2008, was named to the Forbes 30 Under 30 list in 2015, was the first millennial to be a major party nominee for U.S. Senate in 2018, and is currently doing doctoral work at Columbia University’s Teachers College. He and his wife, Leah, have two boys and another due any day.
Zigazoo gives teachers and pod leaders the tools to assign projects tailor-made for at-home learning and engage students in peer-to-peer video sharing. Teachers assign Zigazoo projects or build their own, then students respond with short videos of their work and engage on an endless social media-style feed of endless learning fun.
Company Profile and links
- Website: https://www.zigazoo.com/
- Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/zigazoo/id1506092240
- Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zigazoo.zigazoo
Contact the Podcast!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!