In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” we sit down with Jon Corippo and Marlena Hebern to discuss their new book Bring Your Teaching into Focus: The EduProtocol Field Guide available now from Dave Burgess Publishing.
- What is the State of Professional Development?
- How do we teach the 4C’s in less than 90 slides?
- EduProtocols (Lesson frames to use with any content, and subject) The original: 8p*arts
- The latest: Cyber Sandwich
- The mindset and the goal of being textbook free (mostly)
- How to create amazing Professional DevelopmentHow to teach the instructional technology coaches the skills needed to create change in the classroom
- How to provide Choice in “weekday PD”
- Where to find great resources?CUE ConferenceCUE Blog On.Cue.org
- Check This Out Podcast with Bryan and Ryan
- ISTE Conference
- Tips and Tricks for creating the perfect conference proposal
- How to create an amazing and innovative professional development conference
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Follow our Podcast
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
About our Guests
Jon Corippo is the Executive Director for CUE, leading CUE throughout California and Nevada. Jon keynotes, leads and designs Professional Learning experiences all over the country. Jon's core PL skills are focused on 1:1 deployment, Common Core, Project Based Learning, social media skills and Lesson Design. Jon is the creator of the CUE Rock Star Camp Series, The CUE Rock Star Admin Camp Series and planner for the CUE Super Symposium and JET Review Program. Under Jon's Leadership, and with his CUE Professional Learning Team, CUE PL has trained over 32,000 teachers in 2015-2018. | @jcorippo
The greatest compliment Marlena ever received was from a former visually challenged student, who said, “Mrs. H was my favorite teacher because she didn't care that I was going blind.” Over eighteen years teaching students from kindergarten through eighth grade, and the “opportunity' class Marlena learned that classroom culture is the number one most important thing in order to set students up for success. Great lesson design is close second. Marlena's lessons are often focused on student creativity and developing a student's sense of self-worth and community. Marlena is a Google Certified Innovator, Google Trainer, and EdCamp Yosemite co-founder. She holds a Master of Science degree in reading instruction and has been awarded a Beginning Teacher Support Provider of the Year Award. | @mhebern
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This weeks question is:
What can you do as an Instructional Technology Specialist and Professional Development provider to create meaningful and authentic learning sessions?
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
Tech Tip of the Week
- Are you looking to work with an innovative educator? Check out our latest post featuring some amazing Instructional Technology Coaches today!
Contact the Podcast!
Subscribe to “Ask the Tech Coach”
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!