In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Susan welcome guest co-host, Kate Curran to discuss ways to set meaningful goals with your teachers and how to stick to them as we move through new and different ways of teaching.
If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today.
Join the TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a brand new Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
5 Ways To Set Meaningful Goals as a Tech Coach
Jim Knight, an educator and expert in instructional coaching who wrote the book, The Impact Cycle, talks about goal setting as using “PEERS” Goals –
- Have a vision beyond the way things have always been done.
- Many times goal-setting sessions can be all talk and not turn into much action. Don’t accept the way you’ve always done it, take action, and move forward with your vision in what you want teachers to be able to do in reaching students.
- Know your Why
- Be realistic, know your team, your administrators, your staff and what they are able to handle. Goals should always be attainable both by you as the coach and the people you are coaching.
- Patience! – Don’t beat yourself up if things are not happening quickly, or teachers aren’t getting it as quickly as you like or a pandemic hits or you go on remote learning in a matter of a day or two. Be willing to change and alter your goals as life and circumstances change.
- If you are like me (Susan), I tend to be an Enneagram 3 where I want to reach my goals quickly, have people pleased with me and move on to the next goal.
- I’ve had to learn that I’m not the one in control of life’s circumstances always and teach myself to roll with the punches and practice a little patience.
Contact the Podcast!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!