In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Susan welcome our guests, Lindsay Simpson, and Amy Fusarelli as we discuss STEAM, Tech Coaching, and putting it all together as we collaborate with teachers to reach students.
Join the TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network is a brand new Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How does it differ from other areas?
- “Where all of the content areas come to play!”
- Collaborative, don’t make it a “drop off and leave” area. Teachers join in, coach/facilitator leads but all participate. This creates buy-in and leaves the teachers wanting more.
- Bringing items in from all of the content areas and showing teachers and students how it can all come together.
- Celebrate baby steps with various successes as you go.
- Look for willing participants.
- Look for ideas in everyday conversations with teachers and/or staff meetings. Let the ideas develop as colleagues talk with one another and realize ways that they can collaborate.
- Building A Culture of STEM
- Integrating STEM and Project-Based Learning that may already be happening in the classroom.
- Start small and bring the community together, partner with local businesses.
- Find opportunities to chat with teachers in whatever form that may look like and work for you building. Develop the relationship to find out what is going on in their classroom and what types of project ideas may work well for them.
- Budgeting For STEM
- Budget line for each planned project or area
- Think about consumables that would need to be replaced each year
- Building Capacity
- Start a video channel for step by step instructions for teachers to better understand tools and STEM concepts. Share with both teachers and have the availability of appropriate ones for the community.
- Create a website to feature projects and student work and teacher lesson plan sharing.
- Use podcasting as a way to reach your students/teachers.
About our Guest: Lindsay Simpson
Lindsay Simpson is a STEAM & Instructional Technology Specialist at Genesee Valley Central School District, supporting all grade levels Pk-12! Lindsay is the host of the new podcast, Behind The Chalk, and the co-host of the podcast, The Next Step.
Links of Interest
- Behind The Chalk: https://anchor.fm/behindthechalkedu Twitter: @ChalkEdu
- The Next Step: https://anchor.fm/TheNextStepEdu Twitter: @TheNextStepEdu
- Twitter: @Lsimpson1220
- Tech Tutorial YouTube Channel
About our Guest: Amy Fusarelli
Amy Fusarelli is a Digital Learning Coach for Norwalk Public Schools. She is a Google Level 1 Certified Educator and a Microsoft Innovative Educator.
Links of Interest
- YouTube: Teacher Tech Tips in 3 Minutes or Less!
- Twitter: @amyfus
- Facebook Group: Teachers Helping Teachers During the COVID PANDEMIC!
Contact the Podcast!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!