In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Nick and Jeff take a look at the many ways that school districts can assess the technology skills of staff members. For many tech coaches, the collection of useable and actionable data is the basis for their entire programs. In this show, we take a look both at traditional surveys that tech coaches can use as well as nontraditional assessment methods for quickly identifying skillsets of individual staff members.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Reflections from Episode 12: How to stay organized while working in multiple buildingsHow to work in multiple buildings and not go crazy?Have a great website that is teacher friendly
- How to work with contrasting administrations who want different things from you?
- How to put yourself in more than one place at a time and not feel like you are constantly “missing” in the other building. (Out of sight, out of mind)
- Summer Edcamp Wrap up
- How to assess your staff members Technology Skills … quickly and effectivelyWhat should your survey look like
- When to survey your teachers
- How to survey your teachers
- The importance of collecting data
- What do you do if nobody fills out your form
- What happens next?
- On the Next EpisodeHow to introduce yourself and your program to your teachers to get the year started
Download Our FREE Google Drawing Technology Self-Assessment!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
- Website: www.AskTheTechCoach.com
Follow our Hosts
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This weeks question is:
How do YOU assess the technology skills of your students and teachers?
Tech Coach Tip of the Week
- Even if you can’t get your teachers to trust you right away … don’t let that get you down. There is always time throughout the school year to make positive relationships.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)