In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Susan welcome Rhode Island Educator and Google for Education Trainer Jen Thomas on the program to debate our favorite curation and collaboration tools. Welcome to The Great EdTech Debate: Google Keep vs Padlet vs Wakelet!
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share your thoughts about this great book, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
Join the TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a brand new Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
About our Guest: Jen Thomas
Jen is a passionate technology educator who began her career in education as a library media specialist. After twelve years in the school library, she decided to shift her role and is now the Instructional Technology Specialist at Dartmouth High School in Dartmouth, Massachusetts. She is dedicated to empowering teachers and students and has a strong interest in planning and delivering professional development in all aspects of educational technology. Jen is a Level 2 Google Certified Educator, Google Certified Trainer, and facilitates online professional development courses with a number of non-profit educational organizations. She is also a member of the first MassCUE Champions Cohort and the MassCUE PD committee. You can follow her on Twitter @BlendedLibGirl
- Sticky notes
- Collaborate and share notes
- Add photos, audio, images
- Color Code and label to organize
- 10 Ways To Catch The Wakelet Wave
- Create collections of items under a similar topic
- Add items straight from YouTube, Twitter, FlipGrid, and much more
- Variety of item types allowed
- Share and collaborate on collections
- Follow other educators to see their collections
Links of Interest
- Padlet Features Overview
- A parking lot to showcase student work:Dear Martin Tattoo Project
- French Revolution & Napoleon’s Instagram
- Collaborative bulletin board for class research
- Works well for curating & presenting professional development:Tech for Teachers Summer Toolbox
- Tech Tools to Start the Year
- Student Choice, Voice & Pace
- Learning student names!
- Padlet Tutorial Playlist
Contact the Podcast!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)