How To Effectively Engage Your Teachers During the First Week of School
Welcome to “Ask the Tech Coach,” a podcast for Instructional Coaches and Technology Integration Specialists.
In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Susan discuss the importance of starting the school year off on the right foot by having strategic ways to interact with teachers and administrators in your buildings.
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share your thoughts, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
Join the TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a brand new Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- Hallway Conversations
- Keep things simple
- Keep things personal … not business (non techie)
- Build rapport; find something in common – Get to know them and vice versa
- Introduction Email
- Introduce yourself and your role
- What do you do … what do you not do?
- What can you help with?
- How do teachers get in contact with you?
- Inviting yourself to Department Meetings / Staff Meetings
- Learn what is going on in the classroom and encouraging them to include you in the conversation.
- Being a Fly on the Wall in Classrooms
- Get a feel for the teacher’s presentation style, use of equipment, use of online tools. Be interested in what the students are doing.
- Introduction Newsletter
- Start with an Introduction Email
- Work your way into the curricular content
- Keep your newsletters full of value that will help them be successful in their classrooms
- Give them carrots
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Did you know
- Favorite Chrome Extension
- Non-Threatening Website
- Start small with an introductory page with your roles as a coach.
- Slowly add items as you get a feel for the curriculum they are teaching and the tech needs they ask about.
Contact the Podcast!
- Twitter: @AskTheTechCoach
- Email: email@example.com
Subscribe to “Ask the Tech Coach”
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- Susan Vincentz | @sv314dws
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!