The Importance of Forming Strong Relationships with Your Teachers: Featuring Jamie Wright
Welcome to “Ask the Tech Coach,” a podcast for Instructional Coaches and Technology Integration Specialists.
In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Susan welcome Jamie Wright a longtime tech coach and a colleague from NCCE. We have a conversation about building relationships with teachers and how to do that with intentionality.
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share your thoughts, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
Join the TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a brand new Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- What is your word for this school year as you hit the ground running?
- Susan – Intentionality with building relationships with teachers
- Quick Coaching Conversations to Build Relationships
- Conversation with administrators as the year begins to establish expectations.
- Put yourself out there and make friends with teachers from the start.
- Don’t start out by talking “business”. Develop a personal rapport; make them trust you and connect with you before “slamming” them with technology.
- The Importance of attending grade level or subject area planning
- Ask for those schedules. Don’t be afraid to walk in and “crash” the party.
- Observe the conversation to drive the resources and materials that you share so they are more meaningful instead of just pulling tools and training topics out of left field.
- Developing one to one relationships
- Be authentic and honest
- Don’t be afraid to mess up in front of them and admit you don’t know everything right away.
- Treat them professionally and be patient with their knowledge level
- Build the teachers’ confidence through motivation and encouragement
- Providing concise info and limiting when you send it
About our Guest: Jamie Wright
Jamie is a 20 year veteran of public education with 15 of those years in the classroom at the middle and high school levels, and the rest as a Technology Integration Coach. She’s a an ISTE Certified Educator, an MIE Expert, a Nearpod Pionear, and an EdPuzzle Coach. She’s also a Harry Potter and Star Wars loving travel junkie.
Links of Interest
- Anything else?
Contact the Podcast!
- Twitter: @AskTheTechCoach
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to “Ask the Tech Coach”
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- Susan Vincentz | @sv314dws
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!