In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Nick answer the questions you have emailed, tweeted and left voice messages about.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Reflections and reactions from Episode 15 “Tech Coach Round Table”Loved hearing about the difference between a Tech Coach and a Digital Learning Specialist
- How to best keep track of your teacher interactionsCalendarUse appointment slots
- Give teachers a place to access the calendar and book when needed
- Manage share settings and restrict who has access
- Google FormsMore for you (the tech coach) to use to keep track of interactions
- Gives more options to assess and view data/results
- Embed graphs into a Google Site
- YouCanBook.Me/Appoint.lySimple layouts and templates
- Minimal options to customize unless you pay for premium
- Difficult to arrange when needing custom time layouts/ hall transition
- Best way to communicate with your teachers?EmailThe simplest option, but teachers can get overwhelmed by the amount of email sent daily.
- NewsletterGreat for monthly/quarterly distribution
- Smore makes for a great option. Other possible app choices: Canva, LucidPress, etc.
- Great way to touch on a variety of things at once while also highlighting staff accomplishments.
- Slack/Remind/LMS?Slack is something new to try out.
- Live feed- makes for a great way to stay in contact//share teacher accomplishments.
- Remind is great to keep teachers in the know of the building you are currently.Acts as a text without having to share your personal phone number.
- LMSOne-stop-shop for everything teachers need (if it is what is used most/heavily.
- Houses everything teachers need.
- Eases teachers from email burnout.
- How should Tech Coaches be using Social Media to promote classroom activities and student achievement?Social Media is great to highlight the accomplishments of both teachers and students.
- Great way to build the school/districts brand.
- Helps the community get a feel for what is going on in the classroom.
- Use it to keep staff in-the-loop and up-to-date with workshops, etc.
- What have you learned from your first few years of being a Tech Coach that you wish you had known in your first year?Take it slow. Teachers want time to collaborate and just play. Too often they try something once and never get an opportunity to try it again. Give them time to play.
- Where do you go to find resources that are helpful when working with your teachers?Iste.org
- Blogs that you follow
- Fellow educatorsHelps build relationships while also getting a professional in the field you need.
- On the Next Episode
- How to create a Professional Development session that meets the needs of all learning styles and grade levelsHow to pick a topic
- How to prepare a topic
- How to present a topic
- What resources to give out
- How to make an “I have to be here” session enjoyable for everyone involved.
Ask The Tech Coach Mastermind
Sign Up Today to get on the list and be notified when it launches!
- Membership in an exclusive team of Tech Coaches
- Peer to Peer Mentoring
- 2 Monthly Video Collaboration Meetings
- Mastermind Exclusive FREE Lesson Plans to share with your teachers
- Mastermind Exclusive FREE Templates to share with your teachers
- A Positive and Friendly learning environment to help you grow your program
- Access to our Private Ask the Tech Coach Facebook Group
- *Bonus: Exclusive Ask the Tech Coach Podcast Episodes
- *Bonus: Exclusive Tech Coach Blog Posts
Download Our FREE Google Drawing Self-Assessment!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)