Welcome to “Ask the Tech Coach,” a podcast for Instructional Coaches and Technology Integration Specialists.
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share your thoughts, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
Join the TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a brand new Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- Why do stories appeal to us? Why does storytelling matter?
- The potential for storytelling in the classroom as a powerful instructional strategy
- How teachers can design storytelling opportunities that make efficient and effective use of instructional time
- The impact of storytelling on my classroom
- Where storytelling fits into pandemic or post-pandemic education
About our Guest: Jessica Pack
Jessica Pack is a California Teacher of the Year (2014) and CUE Outstanding Educator who has been teaching middle school for 17 years. She has used digital storytelling as an instructional strategy for most of her career and regularly presents on the topic at both regional and national conferences. In addition to her role as a classroom teacher, Jessica co-hosts a podcast called Storytelling Saves the World, available on iTunes and SoundCloud. She is currently serving as an ISTE PLN Leader and her upcoming speaking engagements include ISTE Creative Constructor Lab Virtual and California STEAM Symposium presented by the California Department of Education. You can connect with Jessica @Packwoman208 on Twitter and Instagram, as well as at jessicapack.com
Links of Interest
About the Book
Our world hinges on storytelling and the ways in which stories can be told are always evolving. For students to become future-ready, confident creators of original content, they need opportunities to share their stories. Moviemaking helps students showcase their learning, process their lives and connect with others in a meaningful way. Moviemaking in the Classroom breaks down the process of digital storytelling to help teachers plan efficient and effective instructional sequences. The book provides guidance on how to purposefully build visual and audio literacy skills to improve student work and increase student efficacy in the creative process. Also included are practical suggestions for removing barriers from the storytelling process, such as how to provide more opportunities for students to tell their stories during a single academic year.
About the Book: Moviemaking in the Classroom
- Shows teachers how to create efficient and effective lesson sequences with digital storytelling in mind, particularly in a blended learning environment.
- Supports teachers who are new to digital storytelling by showing the impact and importance of providing students with multiple opportunities to tell their stories.
- Offers project ideas for teachers already implementing digital storytelling in their classes and shows how to streamline workflow and improve their professional practice.
- Supports distance and remote learning through a full chapter on strategies for applying these practices to a distance learning environment.
Fosters diversity, inclusion and student empowerment by showcasing student examples on topics including racism, death and illness, immigration, gun violence and pollution.
The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) is home to a passionate community of global educators who believe in the power of technology to transform teaching and learning, accelerate innovation and solve tough problems in education. ISTE inspires the creation of solutions and connections that improve opportunities for all learners by delivering: practical guidance, evidence-based professional learning, virtual networks, thought-provoking events and the ISTE Standards. ISTE is also the leading publisher of books focused on technology in education. For more information or to become an ISTE member, visit iste.org. Subscribe to ISTE’s YouTube channel and connect with ISTE on Twitter or Facebook.
ISTE books and jump-start guides address both established and emerging industry topics, and are aligned with the ISTE Standards, providing clear, practical guidance to help educators meet the standards. Whether you’re a classroom teacher, librarian, district leader or teacher educator, ISTE books are your answer to effective districtwide PD and professional learning to meet your goals or tech initiatives.
Become An ISTE Books Insider!
Subscribe to the ISTE Books Update newsletter for exclusive savings and updates on books, author events and more.
Contact the Podcast!
Subscribe to “Ask the Tech Coach”
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)