In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Nick take a look at faculty and department meetings and discuss several solutions for choosing the best topic that will help to set up a great year of working with teachers and students.
Today's episode is sponsored by our upcoming Ask the Tech Coach Mastermind. Join us next month for an 8-week journey that will help you be a better Tech Coach.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Reflections and reactions from Episode 16
- Tech Coach Q&A
- Reach out to us: @AskTheTechCoach
- EPISODE SPONSOR: Ask the Tech Coach MastermindSign Up Today to get on the list and be notified when it launches!
- $50 off using the coupon “TC50”Offer Ends October 1, 2018
- Membership in an exclusive team of Tech Coaches
- Peer to Peer Mentoring
- 2 Monthly Video Collaboration Meetings
- 5 Week Online Course on Learning Management Systems
- Mastermind Exclusive FREE Lesson Plans to share with your teachers
- Mastermind Exclusive FREE Templates to share with your teachers
- A Positive and Friendly learning environment to help you grow your program
- Access to our Private Ask the Tech Coach Facebook Group
- *Bonus: Exclusive Ask the Tech Coach Podcast Episodes
- *Bonus: Exclusive Tech Coach Blog Posts
- What can Tech Coaches Learn from Podcasting?
- Jeff Presentation from MAPCON
- 10 Things To Consider When Redesigning Your Website
- Tip of the Week
- The art of School District Professional Development
- Weekday vs Weekend PD Sessions
- How to choose the best topicTech Coach ChoicePicking something you are passionate about to instill excitement.
- Build off of teacher wants/needs.
- Administration ChoiceConnect to district/building goals and expectations.
- Are there initiatives that need follow-up or training?
- How to prepare for a PD SessionBefore the sessionGather supplies and resources. Will this have a slide deck? A handout?
- Is there a workshop framework you follow?
- Build in interaction/play time.
- During the sessionAssess on the fly?What’s the morale in the room?
- What would teachers like more work on?
- Give time to play and create!
- After the sessionGather feedback
- See what needs arise for future PD sessions.
- Give resources/ links to where teachers can extend their learning.Online learning modules?
- Resources and Materials
- What do you do when everyone is looking at their watch?Treat this similar to students. Facilitate and keep it moving.
- Build in interaction/group tasks.
- Invite teachers to share they created to their colleagues.
- Reflections, Reflections, ReflectionsWhat do you need to fix?
- What needs have come up?
- Were your learning goals met?
- On the Next Episode
- Is Google Classroom an LMS?What is an LMS?
- Where does Classroom fit in?
- How to teach with an LMS?
- Resources for staff support
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Tech Tip of the Week
- Use your staff assessment to gauge what the most glaring need or want that your staff has and make that your first workshop session. Bonus points if this meets your district or building goals.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)