Welcome to “Ask the Tech Coach,” a podcast for Instructional Coaches and Technology Integration Specialists.
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share your thoughts, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
Join the TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a brand new Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- Instructional Coaching … with and without masks and COVID protections
- Can you incentivize professional development?
- Should you use an LMS for PD modules?
- Should PD be top down … or peer pressure?
- What is your “badge” or “token” that motivates teachers?
- Who should lead PD … Coaches or Teachers or .. (other)?
- Button Pushing PD vs Application Based PD sessions
- How to build PD modules through:
- Pre-created YouTube videos
- Creating your own videos
- Project-based learning
- Should PD programs have a Leader Board?
- Where does the Teachers Union fit into the program?
- How to start an incentivized PD program in your building/district
- Start with one vs launch with many
- The importance of starting from the Data
About our Guests
Dr. Kaitlyn Caudill is a K-5 instructional coach with the Cumberland County School District in Fayetteville, North Carolina. As an instructional coach, she focuses on supporting teachers through avenues such as supplying quality resources, modeling impactful teaching strategies, providing meaningful feedback, and facilitating professional development. In her current position, Dr. Caudill developed an incentive based, 22-module professional development program specifically garnered to the needs of the school’s teachers. Previously, Dr. Caudill worked as a STEM Coordinator and STEM Lab teacher, as well as a special education teacher at the elementary level. She earned her bachelor’s and master's degrees from Ohio University in Athens, Ohio in the areas of Secondary Social Studies Education and Special Education. Most recently she earned her Ed.D. from Liberty University in Educational Leadership.
- Twitter: @Caudill_Kate
- E-mail: KaitlynCaudill493@gmail.com
Dr. Riina Hirsch is currently the Coordinator of Professional Development, Curriculum, & Instruction for the MERS/Goodwill Excel Centers in Missouri. In her role, she acts as curriculum developer, instructional coach, PLC facilitator, PD program administrator, technology integrationist, onboarding specialist, and occasional substitute teacher for four private, non-profit adult high schools. She is a passionate advocate for high-quality, relevant learning experiences for both students and staff. Her commitment extends beyond traditional professional development into creating job-embedded learning and facilitating seminars on effective tools for stress management/prevention. Riina spent 16 years as a middle and high school English teacher before moving into a full-time leadership role. She has earned a Masters in the Art of Teaching Secondary English from Brown University, an Ed.D. in Teacher Leadership from Walden University, and is currently pursuing an Ed.S. in School Administration from Northwest Missouri State University. Riina is a lifelong learner who aspires to inspire and support teachers.
Christine Davis is a Virtual Learning Specialist with Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8 and JoltEDU. In her role, she designs and facilitates professional learning for teachers and instructional coaches, specializing in designing high-quality blended or online learning experiences. Previously, Christine taught middle school Art, Digital Media, and Library & Media Skills. Later, Chris became a trainer and professional development director for the Blended Schools Network, a consortium of public school districts. Chris continues her work in these areas, now with the inspiring team at IU8 and JoltEDU.
Contact the Podcast!
Subscribe to “Ask the Tech Coach”
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)