Welcome to “Ask the Tech Coach,” a podcast for Instructional Coaches and Technology Integration Specialists.
In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Susan welcome Dr. Dan Krieness as we discuss Imposter Syndrome and how it relates to our role as tech coaches and its effect on educators.
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share your thoughts, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
Join the TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a brand new Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
What is Imposter Syndrome?
In this week’s episode we have a great discussion of what imposter syndrome is to each of us.
- What is Imposter Syndrome?
- What does it look like?
- Does it look the same for each of us?
- How do we deal with it?
- How can we stop it from preventing us from achieving our goals?
- When do you know you have Imposter Syndrome?
- How has it affected us in different aspects of our coaching roles and how do we overcome it?
Links of Interest
About our Guest: Dr. Dan Krieness
Dr. Dan Kreiness is an instructional leader, podcast host, author, and speaker who constantly searches for the most effective ways to advance education and produce high student achievement. Dr. Kreiness has worked in education for over 15 years as a school administrator, instructional coach, intervention specialist, and classroom teacher while working in districts in the New York City metro area in New York and Connecticut. Dr. Kreiness holds a doctorate degree in leadership and master’s degrees in adolescent education and educational leadership. His original research and dissertation is called “Transformational Leadership to Inspire Growth Mindset in Classroom Teachers.”
Dr. Kreiness hosts the popular Leader of Learning podcast which can be found on all podcast apps and music streaming services and was named to Feedspot’s list of the Best 50 Educational Podcasts. He has also been a guest on several other podcasts. Dr. Kreiness is also a published author, having contributed chapters to 100 No-Nonsense Things that ALL Teachers Should STOP Doing, Edumatch Snapshot in Education (2017) Volume 2: Professional Practice and The EduMatch Teacher’s Recipe Guide: Survive and Thrive in the Kitchen and Beyond. He is currently under contract with Edumatch Publishing to publish a solo book in late 2021 or 2022.
Dr. Kreiness is emerging as an expert presenter at education conferences and trainings on topics including leadership, growth mindset, student engagement, various instructional technologies, and content creation and branding. Dr. Kreiness was named to the 2017 class of ASCD Emerging Leaders. He is also a Google Certified Educator, Microsoft Certified Educator, Nearpod PioNear, Flipgrid Ambassador, WeVideo Certified Educator, and Wakelet Ambassador. His specific educational interests include leadership, educational technology, and student engagement.
Connect with Dan Kreiness:
- Website: https://leaderoflearning.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/dr_kreiness
- YouTube: https://youtube.com/DrDanKreiness
Contact the Podcast!
Subscribe to “Ask the Tech Coach”
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!