In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Nick take a look at several things a Tech Coach can do to create positive relationships with their teachers, administrators, and support staff members.
How To Create a Great 1:1 Relationship with Your Staff Members
- Having empathy for staff members while getting your job done
- Don’t take everything personally.
- Always ask them how they are doing.
- It’s about them getting their job done … not about you getting your job done.
- The importance of walking the hallways
- Making friends will get you everywhere you want to be.’How is your family?
- How are the kids?
- Never lead with your agenda
- Keep the computer in your backpack
- Never take notes while they are in front of you.
- Makes you visible and open to assist
- “How do you use the Copy Machine?”
- Surviving the faculty lunchroom
- Know the school schedule and wear multiple hats with different people.
- Lunch happens in the Lunchroom … always
- Don’t be “the tech guy” 24/7
- Treating your teachers as equals … but students
- Remember: you are their resource, not the other way around
- Supporting teachers in the classroom -vs- observing teachers in the classroom
- Focus on what they do well
- Find ways to enhance their practice or meet their needs
- What do you do when things don’t go the way you want it to?
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
The Teach Better Podcast Network
The Teach Better Podcast Network is dedicated to supporting the entire school ecosystem through in-depth conversations around topics you care about. Covering a variety of areas in education, each podcast aims to support educators in the field toward creating and maintaining a progressive, student-focused classroom. Check out the recent episodes, subscribe, and learn more about the variety of shows!
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!