In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Nick take a look at several things a Tech Coach can do to create positive relationships with their teachers, administrators, and support staff members.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Reflections and reactions
- The Great LMS Debate: Blog Post
- Q: What is the first thing a school should do when choosing an LMS?
- Ask the Tech Coach Mastermind Signup (Coupon Code Ends Oct 1, 2018)
- 8-Week Digital Literacy Challenge2 Face-to-Face meetings each month
- Create a Digital Literacy / Tech Integration Plan for your school district
- 5-week Online Course for Learning Management Systems
- Bonus Podcasts and Tech Coach Blog Posts
- FREE Digital Templates and Lesson Plans that can be used in the classroom
- Exclusive Membership in our Tech Coach Facebook Group
- How To Create a Great 1:1 Relationship with Your Staff Members
- Having empathy for staff members while getting your job doneDon’t take everything personally.
- Always ask them how they are doing.
- It’s about them getting their job done … not about you getting your job done.
- The importance of walking the hallwaysMaking friends will get you everywhere you want to be.’How is your family?
- How are the kids?
- Never lead with your agenda
- Keep the computer in your backpack
- Never take notes while they are in front of you.
- Makes you visible and open to assist
- “How do you use the Copy Machine?”
- Surviving the faculty lunchroomKnow the school schedule and wear multiple hats with different people.
- Lunch happens in the Lunchroom … always
- Don’t be “the tech guy” 24/7
- Treating your teachers as equals … but studentsRemember: you are their resource, not the other way around
- Supporting teachers in the classroom -vs- observing teachers in the classroomFocus on what they do well
- Find ways to enhance their practice or meet their needs
- What do you do when things don’t go the way you want it to?
- On the Next Episode
- How to Create a Tech Coach WebsiteWhy build a website?
- Platforms for various websites
- The importance of modeling what you want in the classroom
- Choose the platform that is best for your teachers and district … not your ego
- Future EpisodesEpisode 20: Tech Coach Websites
- Episode 21: The 3 best ways to train your staff … when they don’t care about the topic
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Tech Tip of the Week
- Find ways to highlight staff accomplishments. Share out via Smore newsletters, a Padlet Board, or Twitter.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)