Welcome to “Ask the Tech Coach,” a podcast for Instructional Coaches and Technology Integration Specialists.
In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Susan welcome Instructional Coach Heather Esposito on the podcast to discuss the need for student voice inside of the classroom.
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share your thoughts, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
Join the TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
Question of the Week
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This week’s question is:
How can Instructional Coaches support teachers in creating highly effective and authentic lessons while at the same time, keeping Student Voice in the conversation?
- How to navigate conferences as an Instructional Coach
- How to set conference goals to support both professional learning and personal goals
- What are the Frameworks that coaches have to support teachers across various grade levels and content areas?
- Is a Coaching Framework a personal philosophy, or a district mandate?
- How to best explain your own Framework to teachers and administration to help them support you and your digital learning mission.
- How to create standards and objective based coaching goals
- Ultimately, coaching is about helping teachers support their students and showing your value in that process.
- Learning how to find a common goal with that teacher to build positive and professional relationships
- Ask questions
- Be positive
- Invite teachers to ask questions of you (the coach) to push the conversation forward
- The importance of understanding the learning and innovation curve
- Why should coaches set up appointments with administrators during the summer?
- Set up meetings to talk 1:1
- Goal setting
- Get on the calendar
- Set up meetings to talk 1:1
Links of Interest
- Intersections: Hattie, Magana, Quaglia, Marzano
- Technology Coaching Success Strategies
- EdTech Coaches Playground Google Site
Contact the Podcast!
Subscribe to “Ask the Tech Coach”
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
The Teach Better Podcast Network
The Teach Better Podcast Network is dedicated to supporting the entire school ecosystem through in-depth conversations around topics you care about. Covering a variety of areas in education, each podcast aims to support educators in the field toward creating and maintaining a progressive, student-focused classroom. Check out the recent episodes, subscribe, and learn more about the variety of shows!
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)