Welcome to “Ask the Tech Coach,” a podcast for Instructional Coaches and Technology Integration Specialists.
In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff welcomes Alissa DeVito, Director of Technology and Innovation at Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School in North Philadelphia, on the podcast do learn how school administrators can leverage their Instructional Coaches as building leaders to support their curricular and strategic goals.
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share your thoughts, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
Join the TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
Question of the Week
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This week’s question is:
Should my principal be looking for me to be “just a tech coach” or is there a way for me to become a member of my school’s leadership team?”
- What defines an Instructional Coach?
- How to survive coaching in many school buildings.
- What roles do Instructional Coaches play in the classroom?
- Should Administrators be leveraging their Instructional Coaches to perform tasks outside of the classroom?
- In what ways?
- Why is this important?
- Should Instructional Coaching be seen as a steppingstone to higher level administration positions?
- What is a traditional pathway from being an Instructional Coach to being a Technology Director or Coordinator?
- What are the changing needs of Technology Leadership in today's school districts?
- What skills should an Instructional Coach pick up to make them more appealing for administrative interviews?
- How can an Instructional Coach show leadership skills in their building, department, and school district?
Links Mentioned on the Podcast
About our Guest
Alissa is the Director of Technology and Innovation at Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School in North Philadelphia. This hybrid role includes school leadership, tech coaching, and more traditional tech director roles. Prior to her leadership at CRPHS, Alissa was a multischool Technology Integration Coach and Associate Director of EdTech for 7 years and a middle school classroom teacher for 7 years. Alissa loves reading, coffee, and chasing after her two kids (ages 5 and 2)!
Links of Interest
- Twitter @alissa_devito
Contact the Podcast!
Subscribe to “Ask the Tech Coach”
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
The Teach Better Podcast Network
The Teach Better Podcast Network is dedicated to supporting the entire school ecosystem through in-depth conversations around topics you care about. Covering a variety of areas in education, each podcast aims to support educators in the field toward creating and maintaining a progressive, student-focused classroom. Check out the recent episodes, subscribe, and learn more about the variety of shows!
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)