In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Nick discuss several strategies for working with staff members to provide the best professional development possible.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Reflections and reactions
- Episode 20: Tech Coach WebsitesIt’s very important to keep your audience in mind when creating your Tech Coach website… no matter what the platform.
- What are the best ways to provide professional development?Face to Face (1:1)Working with teachers privatelyClassrooms
- School Meeting Rooms
- Tech Coach office
- Face to Face (1: Group)Lunch and Learns
- After School vs During School
- Hands-on / Guided vs Lecture-based
- Small Group vs Large Group Presentations
- Video-Based Learning (Passive)Screencast vs Creative VideosWhat video recording program do you use/like?
- How long should videos be?
- How to monitor learning and objectives?
- Online Learning ModulesLearning Management System
- Google Sites
- Google Forms
- LIVE Online Hangouts
- Top-down vs volunteer
- Unconference or EDcamp Style
- Microdentials (Badging PD)
- Where should administrators be during professional development?
- Should you treat Weekday PD as if it were Weekend PD?
- Choosing the right presentation topic / title / description.
- On the Next EpisodeEpisode 22: Monthly RoundTable
Download Our FREE PD Lesson Plan Template Today!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This weeks question is:
Question: What are your tips and tricks for providing the best professional learning experiences for your staff?
Tech Tip of the Week
- Ask your teachers: A short survey or quick discussion will tell you all you need to know as to what kind of PD they want and when they want it.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)