Welcome to “Ask the Tech Coach,” a podcast for Instructional Coaches and Technology Integration Specialists.
In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff welcomes Jaime Donally and Dr Marialice Curran on the podcast to discuss the importance of teaching Digital Citizenship to our students.
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share your thoughts, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
Question of the Week
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This week’s question is:
- Question Topic: What is Digital Citizenship and why is it important to teach it in our schools?
Weekly Topic: Digital Citizenship
- Digital Citizenship vs Digital Identity vs Digital Literature
- Dig Cit – From Reactive to Proactive
- Dig Cit skills are not “additional” they can be included inside of the standard curriculum
- How to get started bringing Digital Citizenship lessons into your school district or building?
- How to personalize the approach to Digital Citizenship & Identity
- Turning Students into Digital Citizens
- The Foundations of Digital Identity
- What can parents do at home to support our young students?
- Learning about the Virtual Reality Maze
- Helping our childing at home create positive decisions about their digital identity
- Where to find Digital Citizenship and Digital Identity Resources to create your own curriculum
Links of Interest
About our Guests:
Dr. Marialice Curran
Dr. Marialice B.F.X. Curran is the Founder and Executive Director of the Digital Citizenship Institute. Her advanced graduate and doctoral studies on adolescent development at Boston College reinforced her commitment to service learning as Dr. Curran leads by hand, heart and mind. As a mother and a connected educator, she has served as an associate professor, middle school teacher, principal and library media specialist.
Dr. Curran is committed to promoting social good using social media and technology. She believes in a community-driven approach to educating and empowering digital citizens to create solutions in local, global and digital communities. Her mission is to turn negatives into positives and help to transform participants into designers, creative thinkers, global collaborators, problem solvers and justice-oriented digital citizens. Follow Marialice on Twitter at @mbfxc and @digcitinstitute, @digcitsummit and @digcitkids
Jaime Donally is a passionate technology enthusiast. She began her career as a classroom teacher and later moved into instructional technology, where she invested in educators in her district. Her passion to build genuine relationships led to a forward-thinking PLN that embraces risk and innovation. She has started global events that have produced collaboration with educators and classrooms around the world.
Donally provides staff development and training on trending technology topics to conferences and districts around the country. She is also the Engagement Director at Identity Automation, connecting with educators on the topic of digital identity. Learn more at https://www.identityautomation.com/pathfinder/.
Links of Interest
- Website: IdentityAutomation.com
- Twitter: @identityauto
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/identityautomation/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/identity-automation
About Identity Automation
Your IT staff is challenged with securing your digital environment, while simultaneously enabling the transition to a perimeterless, BYOD world where more users, partners, and remote workers need access to your systems and data. Our powerful and complete identity and access management (IAM) solution, RapidIdentity was purpose-built to help you address the complex business challenges and cybersecurity threats of today—and tomorrow.
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Contact the Podcast!
Subscribe to “Ask the Tech Coach”
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
The Teach Better Podcast Network
The Teach Better Podcast Network is dedicated to supporting the entire school ecosystem through in-depth conversations around topics you care about. Covering a variety of areas in education, each podcast aims to support educators in the field toward creating and maintaining a progressive, student-focused classroom. Check out the recent episodes, subscribe, and learn more about the variety of shows!
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)