Welcome to “Ask the Tech Coach,” a podcast for Instructional Coaches and Technology Integration Specialists.
In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff sits down with Dr. Matthew Rhoads to discuss his new book Instruction Without Boundaries: Enhance Your Teaching Strategies with Technology Tools in Any Setting.
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share your thoughts, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
- How do we create classrooms and schools where teachers have the ability to teach within in-person, online, and blended learning settings? We believe this is the future.
- How can we utilize instructional and tech integration coaching and professional development to build the capacity for teachers to teach within any setting.
- Instruction Without Boundaries Book – A Playbook to K-20 Teachers to learn how to utilize research-based strategies within any setting through the integration of EdTech tools
About our Guest: Matthew Rhoads
Matthew Rhoads, Ed.D. is an expert and innovator in educational technology and instructional strategy integration within online, blended, and traditional in-person classroom settings. As a practicing technology and instructional leader, trainer, integrationist, and coach in Adult Education, K-12, and Higher Education, he develops EdTech tool instructional integrations with research-based instructional strategies to drive instruction. He is a coach and professional learning specialist for new and experienced teachers within the consortium and at a local university. Dr. Rhoads publications focus on integrating instructional strategies with EdTech tools to amplify student learning within in-person, online, and blended learning classrooms. His latest books include Crushing it from the Start:50 Tips for New Teachers, Instruction Without Boundaries: Enhance Your Teaching Strategies with Technology Tools in Any Setting, Amplify Learning: A Global Collaborative – Amplifying Instructional Design, and Navigating the Toggled Term: A Guide for K-12 Classroom and School Leaders. He also has his podcast, Navigating Education – The Podcast, which discusses all topics related to education and instruction. For more information on Dr. Rhoads and his work, visit his website at www.matthewrhoads.com.
Links of Interest
- Twitter: @mattrhoads1990
- LinkedIn: Matthew Rhoads, Ed.D.
- : DrRhoadsEDU
About the Book
Instruction Without Boundaries: Enhance Your Teaching Strategies with Technology Tools in Any Setting is about creating classrooms without physical and digital instructional boundaries so our students can have the opportunities to learn anywhere and at any time in our ever-changing world. This book provides K-16 educators with a guide that includes instructional strategies grounded in research and practice that can be integrated into mainstream EdTech tools to amplify student learning in online, blended, and traditional in-person classroom settings. This book includes an assortment of instructional strategies and EdTech integrations that work in any classroom setting that focus on the following:
- Digital and Physical Classroom Routines and Digital Literacy
- Student Engagement
- Student Collaboration
- Inquiry and Critical Thinking Strategies Amplified by Technology
- Innovation and Creativity
- Formative Assessment and Feedback
After reading this book, K-16 educators will have a toolbox of content and tool agnostic strategies that can be utilized in classrooms across the educational spectrum to support instruction and student learning!
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Contact the Podcast!
Subscribe to “Ask the Tech Coach”
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
The Teach Better Podcast Network
The Teach Better Podcast Network is dedicated to supporting the entire school ecosystem through in-depth conversations around topics you care about. Covering a variety of areas in education, each podcast aims to support educators in the field toward creating and maintaining a progressive, student-focused classroom. Check out the recent episodes, subscribe, and learn more about the variety of shows!
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)