In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Nick welcome a roundtable of Tech Coaches onto the podcast to discuss the most important topics facing Tech Integration Coaches today!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Reflections and reactions from Episode 21: Best PD Methods
- What do you do if a PD session doesn’t go as planned … during the presentation?
- Tech Coach Websites
- Examples of Tech Coach Websites
- http://www.joshchoward.com/ <–Rockstar
- https://sadiecreates.com/ <–That’s mine, whatever 🙂
- https://teachingforward.net/ – Jenn’s website
- http://www.schrockguide.net/ – Kathy Schrock’s guide
- Fennovation.org – Christy Fennewald
- What makes a good Tech Coach Website?
- Resources organized by topic
- Current / regularly updated
- Visually appealing, easy to navigate
- Should your personal website be your tech coach website?
- Should discuss with your district leadership
- Great to combine into one site, provided it can serve both purposes so you can add regular content
- Does your content belong to you or your school district?
- Should you make two different pieces of content?
- Creating Positive Working Relationships with Staff Members
- Working with teachers whom you train
- Working with admin whom you may or may not report to
- How to Manage All of the Tech Coach Hats
- Association Member
- Ambassador to the community
- Creating the Perfect PD Topics / Titles / Descriptions to entice staff interest
- Surviving the Holiday Months when Teachers are Extremely Busy
- On the Next Episode
- What makes a good Faculty or Department Meeting PresentationLecture vs Presentation vs Workshop
- School Topic vs Tech Coach Topic
- Keeping everyone interested when you are working with a with a wide variety of grade levels and departments
Download Our FREE Google Drawing Technology Self-Assessment!
About our Guests
Jenn Judkins is the Director of Digital learning for Lexington Public School District in Massachusetts. An experienced middle and high school science teacher, she knows first-hand how technology can extend learning and engage students in ways that challenge them to higher levels of thinking. Jenn is a Google for Education Certified Trainer, Raspberry Pi Certified Educator, 2016 MassCUE Pathfinder, PBS Lead Digital Innovator. As regular presenter at regional and national conferences, Jenn shares her passion for meaningful integration of digital tools by helping teachers gain confidence and proficiency in their use of technology. She curates useful technology resources, tip sheets and integration ideas for educators on her blog, teachingforward.net and is a co-host on the TechEducator Podcast.
- Twitter: @teachingforward
Instructional Innovation Specialist in the Mehlville School District in St. Louis, Missouri. Design and develop professional development and supports instructional technology and innovative teaching practices. Support teachers through coaching and co-planning, and modeling and co-teaching classes with them.
- Twitter: @sadieclorinda
Computer Science Teacher. MA Instructional Technology from Stockton University, Schoology Ambassador, Keynote speaker at Schoology NEXT on Digital Citizenship Challenge,
- Twitter: @Sterao8
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaS4PZnBQlEMLtppUrmy5fA
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Tech Tip of the Week
- Know your audience. Build relationships. And let this information guide what PD you provide, when you provide it, and how.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)