How to Stay Connected with Teachers … When You Can’t Physically Meet with Them
Welcome to “Ask the Tech Coach,” a podcast for Instructional Coaches and Technology Integration Specialists.
In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff sits down with Instructional Coach Michael Thomas to discuss his passion for supporting teachers, podcasting, and his advice to Instructional Coaches during the cold days of winter!
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share your thoughts, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
Question of the Week
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This week’s question is:
Question Topic: How can a coach successfully support every teacher when trying to support a large number of school buildings?
- Transitioning from Teacher to Instructional Coach
- First presentations as an Instructional Coach
- Covering a 62 School / 25,000 student school district as an Instructional Coach with a 3 Coach Team
- A Typical Day as an Instructional Coach
- Supporting Teachers
- Creating Training Videos
- Supporting/Promoting Computer Science Lessons
- Creating Digital Learning Newsletters in SWAY and pushing through the LMS
- 22 Tools for 2022 (District Badging System)
- Communicating with district coaches through Teams Chat
- Favorite Applications for Instructional Coaching
- Microsoft Presenter Coach
- Microsoft SWAY
- Why it's important to spotlight teachers
- How to connect teachers despite not being able to visit their classrooms
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Contact the Podcast!
- Twitter: @AskTheTechCoach
- Email: email@example.com
About our Guest: Michael Thomas (Senior Learning Digital Analysist)
Michael was born in Burlington, VT and lived there most of his life. Having the opportunity for authentic learning experiences throughout his formative education years he wanted to deliver that to his future students. After completing his education through Johnson State College with a degree in Education he began his work in education as a paraprofessional and sports coach. After a few years of teaching, coaching soccer & basketball, he moved to Massachusetts and began a new phase as a head teacher in fifth grade. He spent time at two different schools in Springfield, one with a charter model and one with a more traditional model. During those seven years he learned and honed his technology skills such as utilizing a learning management system, using technology to create authentic learning opportunities and learning how to use technology to create actionable steps for student learning after assessments. Eventually, Michael was promoted within the district to his current position.
Mike is a huge proponent of using technology in education and a firm believer in the flipped classroom and blended learning models of teaching. His time teaching led him to discover his real passion in education, helping teachers understand the benefits of technology in the classroom. During his free time, he enjoys spending time with his wife and three children, watching movies, brewing beer, playing bass and creating things with his hands.
Links of Interest
- Website: https://www.beardedtechedguy.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/beardedteched
- Check out his podcast on Spotify
- Check out his podcast on Apple Podcasts
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast
Subscribe to “Ask the Tech Coach”
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- Susan Vincentz | @sv314dws
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
The Teach Better Podcast Network
The Teach Better Podcast Network is dedicated to supporting the entire school ecosystem through in-depth conversations around topics you care about. Covering a variety of areas in education, each podcast aims to support educators in the field toward creating and maintaining a progressive, student-focused classroom. Check out the recent episodes, subscribe, and learn more about the variety of shows!
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!