Welcome to “Ask the Tech Coach,” a podcast for Instructional Coaches and Technology Integration Specialists.
In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff speaks with first year Instructional Coach, Jud Hartman to learn about how he is successfully bringing Project Based Learning and UDL into his brand new coaching program.
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share your thoughts, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
Question of the Week
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This week’s question is:
Question Topic: How do you achieve “teacher buy-in” during your first few weeks on the job as an Instructional Coach?
How did Jud become a Tech Coach?
- Starting the year in a new position as a Tech Coach
- Meeting with the principal
- Having the freedom to “do your thing”
- Coaching Resources
- Dr. Ashley McBride – The EdTech Coaching Primer
- Dr. Monica Burns
- Katie Novak
- Catlin Tucker
- George Couros
- Being introduced as a Coach by all building principals
- How to create your 30-60-90 day plan
- Asking the principal “what do you want for your staff”
- Getting past Imposter Syndrome as a new Coach
- Bringing Project Based Learning into the PD Room and Classroom
- Building the perfect Coaching website www.DevelopwithJud.com
- Facing the adjustment of being a one-man-band
- Playing the role of the EDUTherapist
About our Guest: Jud Hartman
Jud Hartman is in his first year as an Instructional Technology Specialist and coaches approximately 130 teachers in his district. Before that, he taught 8th grade Science for 14 years, where he did Project Based Learning and Universal Design for Learning. Jud has a B.A. in Middle Childhood Education and an M.A. in Educational Leadership. He is an Apple Learning Coach, a Google Certified Educator, and currently working on his ISTE Certification. He will also be a lead presenter at FETC in New Orleans this January. Jud became an educator because he used to be the kid in class that sat there, bored, and thought, “There has to be a better way to do this?” Throughout his career, he has made it his mission to answer this question!
Links of Interest
- Website: https://www.developwithjud.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DevelopWithJud
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU0msvk4UMmbh2kLPPTYlZg
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrHartmanScience
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Contact the Podcast!
Subscribe to “Ask the Tech Coach”
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
The Teach Better Podcast Network
The Teach Better Podcast Network is dedicated to supporting the entire school ecosystem through in-depth conversations around topics you care about. Covering a variety of areas in education, each podcast aims to support educators in the field toward creating and maintaining a progressive, student-focused classroom. Check out the recent episodes, subscribe, and learn more about the variety of shows!
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!