Do You Feel Like a Superhero in Your Classroom?
Welcome to “Ask the Tech Coach,” a podcast for Instructional Coaches and Technology Integration Specialists.
In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff welcomes Daniel Bergman onto the podcast to discuss why teachers (and coaches) truly are Superhero’s in the classroom!
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share your thoughts, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
About our Guest: Daniel Bergman
Daniel J. Bergman, Ph.D., is a Professor and Program Chair of Science Education at Wichita State University in Wichita, Kansas. Like Superman, Dr. Bergman considers the Sunflower State his adoptive home. Unlike Superman, Dr. Bergman cannot leap tall buildings in a single bound.
Dr. Bergman taught middle and high school science in Nebraska and Iowa, and currently works with students and teachers from kindergarten to graduate school and every grade in between. He has given nearly a hundred educational presentations at teacher conventions, school workshops, and research conferences across the continental United States.
Dr. Bergman has published in various scholarly and professional avenues such as Edutopia, Phi Delta Kappan, New Teacher Advocate, The Clearing House, Teacher Educator, Teaching and Teacher Education, Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, Science & Children, Science Scope, The Science Teacher, and Journal of College Science Teaching.
As a fan of science, teaching, and superheroes, Dr. Bergman is the ultimate SuperNerd. He writes about these passions at www.teachlikeasuperhero.blog and elsewhere, including the book Teaching is for Superheroes! (Jossey-Bass/Wiley) – coming May 2023!
Links of Interest
- Website: https://teachlikeasuperhero.blog
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ShockerSciEd
- Purchase on Amazon
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Contact the Podcast!
- Twitter: @AskTheTechCoach
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to “Ask the Tech Coach”
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- Susan Vincentz | @sv314dws
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
The Teach Better Podcast Network
The Teach Better Podcast Network is dedicated to supporting the entire school ecosystem through in-depth conversations around topics you care about. Covering a variety of areas in education, each podcast aims to support educators in the field toward creating and maintaining a progressive, student-focused classroom. Check out the recent episodes, subscribe, and learn more about the variety of shows!
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!
For More Information: https://www.AskTheTechCoach.com