In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Nick discuss several strategies for working with teachers of all grade levels, subject levels, and most important, skill levels. It’s easy to create one type of professional development session, but what happens when you are working with a group and a teacher is struggling to understand certain concepts.
In today's podcast, we provide helpful tips and tricks for getting everyone on the same page quickly while making sure that all material is covered.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Reflections and reactions
- Episode 22: Tech Coach Round Table
- How should we manage all of the hats that we wear?
- Should we break the 4th wall in front of our teachers and administrators?
- Tech Coach Mastermind Update
- A fantastic second meeting
- Focused on EdTech Integration Plans and how to build them
- What do you do to encourage participation from those above
- Should we get discouraged?
- How to read the room?
- What happens during awkward moments?
- How to handle difficult situations?
- What happens when you don’t know they are talking about you to your uppers?
- Working through difficult times
- Large group
- Small Group
- 1:1 Learning
- Four things you can do when things don’t go well
- Don’t get discouraged yourself
- Validate their concerns … don’t discredit them
- Ask the audience for advice and suggestions
- Provide follow up support after the session is over
- On the Next Episode
- November 5: How to provide direction … when there is no direction?
- November 12: What makes a good Faculty or Department Meeting PD
Download Our FREE Google Drawing Technology Self-Assessment!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Tech Tip of the Week
- When things don’t go well, consider breaking out into smaller subgroups. This will allow you to better differentiate the teachers in your workshop and better meet their needs.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)